• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

13yrs of R&D for the O and all I got were some sweet collectibles.

I started in quality back in late 2008. Made my way into R&D in early 2011. During that time I watched the company go through a lot of changes. In the beginning I worked primarily on Military products. Ballistic properties were my focus and I started to become the SME on High Speed Imaging. Since Military didn’t have the need to drop new products as often as lifestyle I got pulled into other projects like Prizm, Olympics & New Materials or test methods.
Nice, at least it wasn't full blown lux yet like it is now. looking forward to seeing your dust-bunny holders.

73dk.gif

I started in quality back in late 2008. Made my way into R&D in early 2011. During that time I watched the company go through a lot of changes. In the beginning I worked primarily on Military products. Ballistic properties were my focus and I started to become the SME on High Speed Imaging. Since Military didn’t have the need to drop new products as often as lifestyle I got pulled into other projects like Prizm, Olympics & New Materials or test methods.
Very cool. The SI line still cranks out some goodies. Honeslt I was hoping your time frame was late 90s early 2000s but I'll soak up all the knowledge I can get.

@XO_Steve Curious: what did you do for Prizm, and is it really an Oakley-exclusive technology are other Lux bramds technologies the same?
I helped develop and test all the lens formulations. Every prizm lens color you see in the market had about 8-10 failed versions before design and product team selected what you see in the shelf. I also made all the NFL radar prizm lenses when we tested them on players at the pro bowl before Oakley got the deal for on field visors. I built all the prizm low light lenses that the Olympians used in 2016 summer Olympics. They never planned to sell that lens option but after all that hype athletes demanded it.

Very cool. The SI line still cranks out some goodies. Honeslt I was hoping your time frame was late 90s early 2000s but I'll soak up all the knowledge I can get.
Cool story I have for SI fans…they were asked to design and build a breaching shield for the army. We did a lot of work developing the material and molding process. In the end I think we made around 250 shields that were sent out across the US. This is what it looked like.

7134F59E-38A7-4D5A-A9F7-9EC24278C608.jpeg

Cool story I have for SI fans…they were asked to design and build a breaching shield for the army. We did a lot of work developing the material and molding process. In the end I think we made around 250 shields that were sent out across the US. This is what it looked like.

View attachment 933007
@Inkkoonce would definitely like those for sure 💪. Especially if they came in a 24k

Back