• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

13yrs of R&D for the O and all I got were some sweet collectibles.

Cool story I have for SI fans…they were asked to design and build a breaching shield for the army. We did a lot of work developing the material and molding process. In the end I think we made around 250 shields that were sent out across the US. This is what it looked like.

View attachment 933007
fakkk that's badass. just need some 'rona filters and I would brave going to Walmart on the weekend, shoot, I might even be ballsy enough to go to the western union/returns counter.

Cool story I have for SI fans…they were asked to design and build a breaching shield for the army. We did a lot of work developing the material and molding process. In the end I think we made around 250 shields that were sent out across the US. This is what it looked like.

View attachment 933007
That is cool, thick also, take a 50 cal to the dome, what kind of weight is that?

I helped develop and test all the lens formulations. Every prizm lens color you see in the market had about 8-10 failed versions before design and product team selected what you see in the shelf. I also made all the NFL radar prizm lenses when we tested them on players at the pro bowl before Oakley got the deal for on field visors. I built all the prizm low light lenses that the Olympians used in 2016 summer Olympics. They never planned to sell that lens option but after all that hype athletes demanded it.
Welcome, and :hi:for expanding our knowledge base.

Aloha. Welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

IMG_8646.gif

Back