• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Interesting part is they are new.

3d titanium printed frames .

Like this..

ROMEO®
The first frame in the X Metal® Collection, Romeo® took the eyewear industry by storm with its disruptive sculptural design engineered with flex couplers and interchangeable nose bombs.
• Revolutionary Design - 3-dimensional design language previously only found in non-metal frames.
• Frame Material - 3D-printed titanium alloy for optimum strength to weight ratio.
• Adjustable, Secure Fit - Interchangeable flex couplings and Unobtainium® nosebombs enable you to reduce or increase frame flexibility for a customized fit.
• See More Detail - Prizm™ Polarized lenses are designed to enhance color and contrast so you can see more detail.

JULIET®
Built from 25-pieces, Juliet® followed Romeo® , blending sculpted titanium with a classic lens shape, creating unexpectedly wearable art.
• Revolutionary Design - 3-dimensional design language previously only found in non-metal frames.
• Frame Material - 3D-printed titanium alloy for optimum strength to weight ratio.
• Adjustable, Secure Fit - Interchangeable flex couplings and Unobtainium® nosebombs enable you to reduce or increase frame flexibility for a customized fit.
• See More Detail - Prizm™ Polarized lenses are designed to enhance color and contrast so you can see more detail.

Anyone have a coupon code for me? Like 95% off is ideal. Thx!

7a016fdcf9fbbb562d5b1b70ee771b50.jpg

in this day and age when people are barely getting by, to put these out.
probably gonna be in a swag bag at some movie award show.
that kind of ridiculousness makes me want to melt all my oakleys.

The majority of the money is going to charity. After the donation, it still leaves Oakley with $4000 per set of glasses. I still think this is too much for glasses, but I have no idea what's involved in 3D printing with Titanium. With all of the R&D involved in this new version of X-Metal, Oakley might end up in the red, even after collecting all the funds. If that's true, I bet there are more 3D printed X-Metals to come.

Latest Posts

Back