• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

15 Minutes Of Fame!

Makeemsayunhhh

Oakley Beginner
Salem, Oregon
Has anyone ever had their 15 minutes of fame? Maybe you were on TV? In the newspaper? In a magazine? Anything goes!

It's always exciting to get on TV or in the paper, at least for me :cool:

I got on some TNT coverage of a Blazers-Mavericks game a couple years ago with my buddy Darthblazer!

dbandrd_zpsbf31c2e0.jpg

I also got a picture in the paper for an article about day after christmas shopping in 2006. I have a copy around here somewhere :smile:

What about you guys?

I was in the Northwest Herald Newspaper because I was the first person to eat at the Crystal Lake Illinois Chipotle. I know its kind of dumb, but I thought it was kinda cool. :laugh:

I am a police detective so I have been in the local news paper several times and on the local news as well. Not really a 15 mins of fame thing or anything but oh well. Never been in the national spotlight or anything like that. I am sure I have been photographed or taped at a crime scene wearing Oakley's though. I will have to look at press clippings to see if I can find anything

Espn2 several times a day?! That's awesome! What program are you on?

What got you into Esquire?

I hit the NHRA drag racing events and I end up on camera a few times each event. I don't mean multiple times a day all year long.

I was in a jeans ad in esquire magazine. :)

I am a police detective so I have been in the local news paper several times and on the local news as well. Not really a 15 mins of fame thing or anything but oh well. Never been in the national spotlight or anything like that. I am sure I have been photographed or taped at a crime scene wearing Oakley's though. I will have to look at press clippings to see if I can find anything

Show us some pics if you find any!

I hit the NHRA drag racing events and I end up on camera a few times each event. I don't mean multiple times a day all year long.

I was in a jeans ad in esquire magazine. :)

Oh that's awesome! I figured it wasn't all year round lol

NHRA is pretty awesome stuff! I don't follow it like I do Nascar or anything, but my Dad is really into it, so I've been to a few events in Woodburn. I'm sure he would be jealous of some of the people you have probably gotten to meet haha.

I was in my local paper, or rather my Motorcyle accident and subsequent death. I only learnt that I'd died after I got out of Hospital......lucky not via a hearse.

Back