• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

15 Minutes Of Fame!

Oh that's awesome! I figured it wasn't all year round lol

NHRA is pretty awesome stuff! I don't follow it like I do Nascar or anything, but my Dad is really into it, so I've been to a few events in Woodburn. I'm sure he would be jealous of some of the people you have probably gotten to meet haha.

It's very cool. I have to admit I have met quite a few people that your father would probably wanna meet. ;)

I've never been into NASCAR but I hear I should take a look at it.

It's very cool. I have to admit I have met quite a few people that your father would probably wanna meet. ;)

I've never been into NASCAR but I hear I should take a look at it.

I never thought I would like NASCAR but as I became an adult I realized how detailed a lot of the stats are. Sports statistics are something I've been into since I was in the 2nd grade so I naturally got hooked. I really started to get into it right after Dale Sr passed

My dad mentioned an old nhra Oakley driver named Scotty Cannon or something like that? You ever met him?

I never thought I would like NASCAR but as I became an adult I realized how detailed a lot of the stats are. Sports statistics are something I've been into since I was in the 2nd grade so I naturally got hooked. I really started to get into it right after Dale Sr passed

My dad mentioned an old nhra Oakley driver named Scotty Cannon or something like that? You ever met him?

Yup. Around 5 years ago I think?

so you were reported as dead but then came through? That is some crazy ish! Definitely a story to tell for years to come!

Well my Heart stopped at the scene, however as luck would have it. a paramedic (that I served at the counter where I worked in a motorcycle shop) was nearby and came to my aid. Then after I was 'bump started', then airlifted to Hospital in London.

I was featured in TV commercial some 20+ years ago...

Maybe someone here will remember the toy called a "Ghost Writer"?

I was the kid that did a back-handspring in the commercial...

They were scouting gymnastics gyms in the Chicago area and picked me!

Several years after that I was featured in local newspapers when I was announced as a potential US Mens Gymnastic Team candidate for the Sydney Olympics... Unfortunately I tore apart my right knee (for the second time) during training at the Colorado Springs facility.

Here is a link to the commercial...

Ghost Writer Ad - Video Dailymotion

I was featured in TV commercial some 20+ years ago...

Maybe someone here will remember the toy called a "Ghost Writer"?

I was the kid that did a back-handspring in the commercial...

They were scouting gymnastics gyms in the Chicago area and picked me!

Several years after that I was featured in local newspapers when I was announced as a potential US Mens Gymnastic Team candidate for the Sydney Olympics... Unfortunately I tore apart my right knee (for the second time) during training at the Colorado Springs facility.

Here is a link to the commercial...

Ghost Writer Ad - Video Dailymotion

hahah that's awesome!

I had tons of local coverage when I was racing. Nobody really gives a **** about skiing though haha.

In late 2010... out of 45,000 applications, I was one of 260 Canadians to be selected to participate on the tv show 'Wipeout Canada'. Yes, that Wipeout. And I even remember writing 'Collector of Oakleys' on the participant Bio. Not too much tv time though, as I was pretty much left on the cutting room floor. I learned a lot about the harsh realities of reality tv.

In late 2010... out of 45,000 applications, I was one of 260 Canadians to be selected to participate on the tv show 'Wipeout Canada'. Yes, that Wipeout. And I even remember writing 'Collector of Oakleys' on the participant Bio. Not too much tv time though, as I was pretty much left on the cutting room floor. I learned a lot about the harsh realities of reality tv.

Was the course as awesomely fun as it looks?

Back