• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1997 Vintage Oakley "Romeos" In Kalispell, MT..

Well I picked them up. Not a deal or steal, but I'm happy wih them anyway. They are missing the ear stem rubbers (put some Juliet ones on) and the lenses are trashed but will make a good template. They aren't too loose, but I'm going to see what the Xman can do with them. No serial number, so I'll see if he can do them in a TiO2 finish from the x-metal or if I would need a plasma pair. :)

Did you have to pay the $225 or did you talk him down because of the condition and the fact they aren't Romeo's?

I paid the $225. He was broke and didn't have a pot to piss in. I felt bad on trying to talk him down. I never did correct him on what model they were.

Ya, it's still a little steep when you look at all the different options from what you can buy one that is in better shape. It doesn't have a serial or sku so I don't feel bad about turning it into a TiO2, I just don't know if it can be done with a straight x-metal frame. I have a set of Flak XLJ lenses already sitting around that I just have to cut down.

Ya, it's still a little steep when you look at all the different options from what you can buy one that is in better shape. It doesn't have a serial or sku so I don't feel bad about turning it into a TiO2, I just don't know if it can be done with a straight x-metal frame. I have a set of Flak XLJ lenses already sitting around that I just have to cut down.

your right at the point, this is a good pet project!

Back