• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

19th Buy Of 2013

Congrats on winning the bid! hah, i had a feeling this went to OF-er here :)

Finally.... FINALLY.... A Romeo 1, and a Jordan Romeo 1 at that, #8390, this was a long time coming, thank you tax return :big_boss:
WP_000835.jpg

congrats! but i have some concerns with the etching... it doesnt look right to me. or were there 2 versions? cos mine are different. (both pairs i have)

Note the M, E and A... the middle of the M is flush with the bottom and the middle bar of the A is much lower. Also note that your etching is right against the bottom of the frame - In general, Oakley etchings have a margin of clearance to the frame. see most polarised etching, ducati etchings etc.

do check that your lenses are authentic because i have seen some people etching aftermarket lenses as such.

enyqubyq.jpg

oh and ignore the scratches on my lens. bought them that way and theyre the less perfect of my 2 pairs so they're my dailies till i get some new lenses cut

You're def right about it being different

1. im pretty sure i saw someone drawing the XMetal logo on here (forum) exactly like how it is on 302Baby's Romeo with intent to etch onto VL lenses. forget who it was but im dead certain because i remember thinking the same differences when i first saw that drawing

2. that iridium coating on his lens also doesnt look like its authentic Black iridium to me.. but that could be the flash. still, etching is REALLY suspect.

1. im pretty sure i saw someone drawing the XMetal logo on here (forum) exactly like how it is on 302Baby's Romeo with intent to etch onto VL lenses. forget who it was but im dead certain because i remember thinking the same differences when i first saw that drawing

2. that iridium coating on his lens also doesnt look like its authentic Black iridium to me.. but that could be the flash. still, etching is REALLY suspect.

Marc2040 was doing it. Idk what he ever actually had it done though. He sold his Romeo before he finished it