• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1K Post...continuing Tradition

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
So I've been laying low for the past couple of months, trying to save money for my upcoming vacation. It took a little while, but I finally realized that I needed to totally unplug from the computer in order to keep myself from the temptation to spend...sorry if I didn't answer right away to those people who sent me PM's. Anyway, I've been logging in in spurts lately, just to get a quick fix of the chatter that's going on here...I missed it :sad:. And sadly, my will power has folded under the pressure. I was doing really well until my two most recent pick ups! These were too good to pass up...so, in following in the tradition of those here before me, I'm posting something special for my 1000th post. These are two pieces that I've been wanting for a long while...

First off...Troy Lee Piston Bone Fuel Cell. My first and only FC to date...being a car guy, I love this design and had to have it!
DSC03448.jpg

And next...X-Metal XX (X-Metal colorway). Been hoping for a decent deal on these for looooooonnnngggg time, and I finally got my wish! I was window shopping at a local mall when I found these in a showcase in one of the stores (Pipe Dreams). Brand new, but no box or coin. I couldn't believe it! I would have never imagined that I would find these brand new anywhere. But after closer inspection, I found a small scratch on the left lens. Being as anal as I am, I asked the salesperson for a discount b/c of the scratch...I wasn't about to pass these up, even if I didn't get a discount. Luckily, after a phone call to the boss, the price came down 30%! CHA-CHING...SOLD! Grabbed the XX's and some custom microclear bags (they included a X-Squared box, coin and soft vault since the original box and coin was missing) and I was stoked!
DSC03443.jpg

DSC03446.jpg

So now I'm back to saving money again (with a minor setback :cool:). At least these will hold me over for the next few weeks...I hope!

Great pickups dude!

Vacation???? You freakin live in Hawaii! You are on the ultimate vacation everyday! I can't wait to get back to the islands...

I really enjoy the Piston Bone. The metals look great too, makes me feel like going to the O store and trying some on.

Good to see your posting again. Nice finds. Love the XX.

Mahalo Sight! Yup, it's been a while, but I'm still around :wink:.

Great pickups dude!

Vacation???? You freakin live in Hawaii! You are on the ultimate vacation everyday! I can't wait to get back to the islands...

LOL, mahalo fishy! Vacation for me is going to Japan. I admittedly take for granted that I live in a place that everyone else dreams of coming to...sometimes I just need to step back and enjoy the island life :cool:.

2 very nice pieces....congrats on the pickups!!

Mahalo echav!

I really enjoy the Piston Bone. The metals look great too, makes me feel like going to the O store and trying some on.

Mahalo Ecko! I had been looking for my first fuel cell to purchase for a long time, and when the PB came out I knew I had to have it. It's a sweet design!

Great find on the XX! I'd love to find one under retail that's practically new! No more eBay-inflation on prices!

Mahalo Rust! Yup, I couldn't have been more surprised that those were sitting there on display, brand new (except for the minor lens scratch). And to get an additional 30% b/c of the flaw, how could I say no?!?! I've been watching the bay's prices for a long time and I just couldn't bring myself to pay $300-$400+ for a used pair. Now I just need to find a box and coin :redface:.

ill hold your wallelt for you :)

nice purchase too!

LOL, mahalo qBan! I'll let you know when I feel the tempation again, haha! Thanks!

Great pickups dude!

Seriously!

A vacation from Paradise, you probably wouldn't be able to force me on a plane to leave!

Although Japan is on my "bucket list", not that I'm that old to need one of those yet.....

Latest Posts

Back