• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen Ipod Nano Recall

Silent Oz

Oakley Expert
Co. Durham, UK
So this started about a year ago and may be old news to many of you, but i was completely oblivious to it and have just now come across it.

Apple have recalled selected Ipod Nano 1st gens and are replacing them free of charge, i have one that apparently qualifies so it looks like i'm getting a new (probably refurbished) ipod for free! A quick search on google suggests some people have been recieveing 6th gens as replacements while others report getting 5th gens or even like-new 1st gens... i wonder what i will get?! Has anyone here benefited from this? :smile:

I had 2 first gen 2 GB Nanos that qualified for the recall and 2 sixth gen 8GB Nanos in exchange. I like the extra GBs but the size is pretty damn small.

Yeah the 6th gen does look very small, especially for something thats touch screen, if thats what i get back i may sell it and put the money towards a 7th gen. If i get a 5th gen i'll happily just keep it. Whatever i get i'll be happy, my 1st gen is on its last legs and i was looking to replace it, thats how i found out about this in the first place!

Never heard of this, how do I identify if I am qualified and how do I exchange it? thanks for posting.

Yeah they could catch on fire. I had first gen. That still worked great. There was a class action law suit a few years ago about the 1 gens scratching easy so I sent in paperwork for that and somehow twice got a check for 22.50 and got to keep nano. Then about a year ago got info about recall. The first people that sent them in got refurbed 1 gen nanos,then they ran out and started sending 6 gens out. I got an 8gb. silver one but no warranty. I love the size and use it quite a bit while working in the yard. So my first gen that was free from hotel points has paid me twice for having it.Not sure what they are sending out now.Would like to know what they are sending now if some one got something just recently.

I'll post up what I get back if I get anything back. Mine had a broken screen so who knows? It would be pretty cool if they sent a latest gen, but I doubt it as those aren't even on the shelves yet.

Back