• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen. Plasma Vs. 2nd And Later Gen. Plasma Finish

Skito

Oakley Expert
Germany
Hey guys,

I am currently looking to add a 24k XX to my collection, but they seem to be hard to find (in a like new condition). Originally I was looking for a 1st gen, but 2nd gen seem to be easier to find. However, looking at my collection so far, the second gen Plasma finish seems to be way more silvery and glossy, while the 1st gen Plasma ist very bright and matte.

Is this just coincidence or do you make the same observations?

Is there anyone who own a 24k XX 1st and 2nd gen and could post some side by side images? In some of the images I saw of 1st and 2nd gen versions, also the gold finish seemed to be much brighter in 1st gen (which I prefer to be honest).

Looking forward to your feedback! :)

Cheers,
Stefan

Yes, 1st gen plasma was more matte while later gens were more semi-polished. Personally I prefer the semi-polished look for plasma but many here love the raw 1st gen matte look. 1st gen Ti was similar.

I can't post 24k XX pics but I'm sure some others here can...

The difference particular struck me when I looked at my 2nd gen XX TiO2 and 1st gen Juliet Plasma/Ice. They look like completely different surfaces.

Still would love to see a side by side comparison. Hopefully someone can help :)

Upper left: 3rd or 4th gen(I think) ----------- Both on the right: 1st gen
Bottom left: 2nd gen
13956672924_df611894ce_o.jpg

Disclaimer: these are not mine. I think I got them on Flickr

The difference is not as big as Juliet Plamsa vs. 2nd gen TiO2, but still quite visible. Thanks for posting this image! I think I will wait for a 1st gen to come along.... one day.... hopefully! ;)