• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen Racing Jacket Question

1970BNER

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

I recently pick up a pair of minty grey/ vented rose lenses 1st gen Racing Jackets. I was wondering if the lenses on this style are interchangeable?

I know on later generations they totally are but what about 1st generation? If so, is there anything one needs to make sure of when looking for a lens or during install?

As always thanks a bunch!

There are 2 versions of the non hinged Racing Jacket, a first and second gen. I know the frames are different between the two, not sure about the lenses. Measure one up and let see. I have a bunch of the second gen to compare to. It most likely is a second gen as I dont believe the first gen had vented lenses.

Thanks GFR,

Are you sugguesting I measure the lens or the frame? That's go to know about 1st gen not having vented lens..

Hi Brip,

The measurements of the lenses were approximatly one and half by two and half inches. Pretty small.

I guess I am getting the Oakley bug,I just picked up a pair of black Waterjackets with the Vr28 lenses.

If I may ask, do you happen to know anyone who might be interested In trading for my WJ earsocks,strap,lanyard,cleaning cloth and hard square case for a set of black Racing Jacket earsocks? I would just rather have more of a RJ style.

Thanks,
Steve

Back