• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen Ruby Juliet Lenses..

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
A classified ad triggered me to write this. This past weekend at a camping resort I went into the bar to grab a drink and there were a pair of Juliets sitting on the bar in front of another customer. I waited until he was done with his conversation and asked him if I could take a look at his glasses. He didn't mind and handed them to me and I noticed they had ruby red lenses. I also noticed the X### serial number and from reading the exchange thread now know this made them the first generation ruby lenses. I was amazed at how dark the lenses were compared to other I had seen. The glasses were pretty much trashed but it was cool to see the original lens in person. He was also pretty cool about showing me but I don't think he knew what he had.

That's pretty cool. It's rare to see Juliets let alone 1st gen.
That is pretty awesome bud! When I first got into the Juliet's I had a pair myself but like him, I had no idea they were worth any more than what I paid for them. In fact, before I joined this forum I didn't know anything Oakley was worth more down the road. I used to see the Tron and Hobbit stuff come out and think "who would want that stuff?" and now it's like WHOA, it's worth quite a bit!

Anyways, thats awesome you saw a pair. I'm keeping my eye out, i'm not crazy about 'em but if I run across a pair I will probably pick them up. Cool story bro!

I'm taking pics in the sun tomorrow to make them really pop. I might as well since I have broken the seal and know people know I have them.

Latest Posts

Back