• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Generation Frogskins - Lenses Question

Pittsburgh Frogskin

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and have a question about Oakley Frogskins.

I just dusted off an old pair of 1st Generation Frogskins I purchased in the late 80's or early 90's (with the metal hinges).

Will the Frogskin replacement lenses from companies like VL work with these? I know VL specifies that they aren't for 1st Generation Frogskins but I've read a few things that suggest they'll work.

Has anyone here tried this?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I personally have never tried it but I've heard the same. If I remember right there was a member on here who had done it. You'll have to search the threads though as I can't remember who it was.

Vintage Frogs seem to be a tad "taller," so yes, VLs would fit.

Although in my opinion you should stick with Oakley lenses.

I've purchased 3 VL lenses in the past. One I had to send back as it wouldn't fit (they did give me a refund.)

The other 2 fit, but were too dark for my taste, so I ended up selling them.

VL will issue you a refund so you have nothing to lose if you wanna try them ...

Thank you for the replies.

I emailed Oakley to inquire about 1st generation lenses. If they don't have anything I'll give the VL's a shot and see what happens. Thanks!

If you don't wanna buy lenses I'll take them off your hands. Or trade you for another pair.

I'm gonna try to hook something up but if I ever decide to let them go I'll let you know. By the way, I don't know the proper name but the frames are clear with a slight purple tint.

Latest Posts

Back