• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Generation Romeo XMetal vs. Badman

Jazzy G

Oakley Beginner
just picked up the Badman in Dark Carbon w/ Black Iridium Polarized. Though they look good, I can't really agree that these are the successors to the Romeo XMetal. I bought my Romeo when they first came out (1996 I believe), and I just loved the crazy design and raw finish they used (though polished versions soon followed). The Badman looks great, but I think I'm a little bummed that they used plastic arms and nose bridge. Not sure why (flexibility? comfort? replacable?) they used plastic, but I still think they look great.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Congrats. No, the Badman isn't as true successor. But Oakley decided to say otherwise.

I just enjoy what I have. It you like them both, then great. Just enjoy both for what they both are.

Sorry. The two just are not even in the same ballpark, not even in the same neighborhood, not even in the same city. They are so far apart from comparison I just can't believe you actually tried

Just my thought.

+1 I agree they are totally different in my opinion.

Congrats. No, the Badman isn't as true successor. But Oakley decided to say otherwise.

I just enjoy what I have. It you like them both, then great. Just enjoy both for what they both are.

This isn't directed at you LeQ.

Just a general statement/quote for anyone who may want to know what a TRUE X-Metal actually is. I'm pretty sure the NEW "metals" do not fit that description. ;)

See below comment. :)

"X-Metal is reserved for those models made at our Nevada factory... like Romeo, Juliet, XX, Penny, etc.

Jim"

This isn't directed at you LeQ.

Just a general statement/quote for anyone who may want to know what a TRUE X-Metal actually is. I'm pretty sure the NEW "metals" do not fit that description. ;)

See below comment. :)

"X-Metal is reserved for those models made at our Nevada factory... like Romeo, Juliet, XX, Penny, etc.

Jim"
Hey Frank!

I am sure you know that I'm not under such a delusion that Oakley is pumping.

Glad you put that definition out lol

As long as folks enjoy their collection for what they are (or aren't)

Hopefully this will not devolve into those new Metal debacle... Err debates. There has been enough bashing. You like what you like, enjoy it and move on.

Back