• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st generation

NicktheSurf

Oakley Beginner
Hi I have a pair of Twenty XX 5.58 with plutonite emerald lens 1st generation - I brought these 18 years ago approx 2002 from a surf shop in cornwall - I paid approx £140 for them then - all I know this model was discontinued in 2014 - the lenses are scratch proof & somebody advised me the lenses cannot be replaced - does ant one else know if these are a rare model & know any more information about them ??? I cannot find a pair regarding these for sale to compare with.I know Twenty XX 2nd generation came out in 2012 with different lenses thats about it - they are in pristine condition as they have been up in my loft for years & hardly been worn - any information on this would be greatly received - many thanks Nick.

Hi I have a pair of Twenty XX 5.58 with plutonite emerald lens 1st generation - I brought these 18 years ago approx 2002 from a surf shop in cornwall - I paid approx £140 for them then - all I know this model was discontinued in 2014 - the lenses are scratch proof & somebody advised me the lenses cannot be replaced - does ant one else know if these are a rare model & know any more information about them ??? I cannot find a pair regarding these for sale to compare with.I know Twenty XX 2nd generation came out in 2012 with different lenses thats about it - they are in pristine condition as they have been up in my loft for years & hardly been worn - any information on this would be greatly received - many thanks Nick.

There should be a sku number on the arm of these are not the pair your looking for go under the data base on O-review and look through glasses

Assuming this is what you have.
20a82561163d5a50fca76879a7132aa8.jpg

It’s not an extremely rare model or colorway and I would say it’s more rare to find one mint than used/beat. The lenses can be replaced but I wouldn’t recommend trying, otherwise, there’s a good risk of chipping the frame finish around the orbitals.

There should be a sku number on the arm of these are not the pair your looking for go under the data base on O-review and look through glasses

No sku on those, brother. Only near the end of the xx twenty’s life did they start putting skus on the arms of certain colorways

Assuming this is what you have.
View attachment 703286
It’s not an extremely rare model or colorway and I would say it’s more rare to find one mint than used/beat. The lenses can be replaced but I wouldn’t recommend trying, otherwise, there’s a good risk of chipping the frame finish around the orbitals.

Hi thank you for getting back to me Yes the above picture is identical to the model I have - the pair that I own are in mint condition they are like brand new with the box.

No sku on those, brother. Only near the end of the xx twenty’s life did they start putting skus on the arms of certain colorways

Hi thank you for the reply they have No SKU on the arms - could you tell me what 5.58 means / I have seen 5.56 Not 5.58 ?

Back