• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2 pair of racing jackets. 1st and 2nd gen?

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I was hoping someone could help me with identifying these two style racing jackets and give me an idea of the value.

I was told 1st gen racing jackets. Don't know anything about these style Oakleys. Mostly into X-Metals. Aside from being filthy if they truly are from 1998 like I was told they are in pretty good shape for their age and for being worn regularly.

IMG_3611_zpskkwvwdg8.jpg

IMG_3613_zpst0s218ci.jpg

IMG_3614_zps74kqcw3f.jpg

IMG_3615_zpslooydyeq.jpg

This pair I was told was a 2nd gen racing jacket. I don't know the frame color or lens but again for their age they are in excellent shape except for being filthy. I actually think this one had skin on the nose bridge. After I bought them the guy told me they belonged to George Hincapie and that he had given them to this guy. He also said they were limited edition. He says he was an owner of a top end bike store and attended bike races and that is where he was given them. I know no one can verify that they belonged to Hancapie but can someone ID them as being limited? This story was not the selling point I had already bought them when he told me the story.

IMG_3606_zpsqn5otdaw.jpg

IMG_3607_zpsypmszhda.jpg

IMG_3608_zps6qlaygiw.jpg

IMG_3609_zpsqp6a6ore.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I don't know anything about them except they look really cool! I love Racing Jackets! And hey I have those same counter tops lol.

Top are Racing Jackets 1st gen(judging by colourway) bottom appear to be Racing Jackets but with Water Jacket lens.......if they are 5.56, can't really judge easily due to lighting conditions.

Thanks guys. If better lighting pictures will help I will snap some tonight. After reading the o-review I would say I have a jet black with gold lens racing jacket and a dark grey with g30 lens. One thing I did read is it appears water jackets are just racking jackets with the head strap ear piece? I read when they are sold as water jackets they will still have "Racing" imprinted between the lenses on the inside. It also appears that nose piece on the grey pair is something different.

5 years ago, the Vault at Gurnee mills had a brand new, complete Water Jacket, and it had been moved from store to store, and marked down to $49. I remember them being there in the back of the clearance shades case for about 3 months, i must have stopped there about 10 times during, and i thought they were sooooo ugly. When I found out what they were, I raced back to the Vault, only to find out they had been sold 45 minutes before i had gotten there.

Latest Posts

Back