• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2005 New Razor Blades Video Review

I wore my white frames with a strike lens and saw no gap between the frame and lens before or after the ride.

may just be minor frame/lens variations monster beetle. the cut in your mframe lens looks extra-deep to me, but thats just me.

btw, keep up the videos! between you and Dann, thats 90% of oakley history and information all sorted! :thumb:

may just be minor frame/lens variations monster beetle. the cut in your mframe lens looks extra-deep to me, but thats just me.

btw, keep up the videos! between you and Dann, thats 90% of oakley history and information all sorted! :thumb:

What you said about the lenses fascinated me. So when I returned home I immediately tried different frames and different lenses. But indeed there seems to be a difference in the depth of the dent in the m-frame lens. The majority of my lenses left a gap, but a few didn't.
So it really depends on the specific m-frame lens that you have. We can conclude, if you want to fit in an m-frame lens in your razor blades you really have to look to get one that will fit. As they are not that consistent. Some nice trivia we found there :)

Another great review!
Thanks!

I agree with you about the Blue Iridium! Oakley should bring it back...
Ice Iridium just doesn't get me excited...

Another note about the NEW Razor Blade...
The nosepiece mounts differently than a VINTAGE nosepiece.
They used these tabs that click into the lens on the NEW frame.

So you wont be able to use a VINTAGE nosepiece on a NEW lens and vice versa...

Keep up the good reviews!

What you said about the lenses fascinated me. So when I returned home I immediately tried different frames and different lenses. But indeed there seems to be a difference in the depth of the dent in the m-frame lens. The majority of my lenses left a gap, but a few didn't.
So it really depends on the specific m-frame lens that you have. We can conclude, if you want to fit in an m-frame lens in your razor blades you really have to look to get one that will fit. As they are not that consistent. Some nice trivia we found there :)

awesome! good to know my hunch was right haha! i suspected this, because of the few Mframe lenses i have, i notice a slight variation in the cut depth. it seems in the old days they might have even been hand-cut and finished?

Hmmm, that is quite interesting. Are those the new or old strike lenses that you used?
For me both leave the gap by the way, it's really small. But it is there. Could you try yours once again?

I assume they are new, I bought them from the Oakley website a couple of weeks ago.

7561754514_cc07d4ea4c_b.jpg

7561751952_03d51e457a_b.jpg

That one fits quite nice indeed. For me some of the new lenses didn't fit actually, and some did.
The difference between old and new lenses is the etching of the Oakley logo on the lens. The old ones don't have it (just like the RazorBlade lenses).