• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2008 Olympic Gold Holeshot!

I have completed the Vero complaint form and have submitted it to ebay. I will pursue this as hard as possible you have NO business posting anything to do with me in regards to that.

Dr Chop,

A couple of things. First of all I had no idea that your picture being posted as the sixth or seventh picture in a listing was so offensive to you. I will gladly take it down at your request. I am not sure that I am obligated to but that is not the point. If you do not want it up, I will take it down, no problem. Secondly, I am not sure why you are call me a bs artist. YOU listed a cool watch, I wanted it, I paid you your asking price and bought it, without trying to rip you off or lowballing you. I did more research and found out it was way cooler and rarer than I understood. I am not sure what the uproar is but I do not think I am bs'ing anyone. I never once misrepresented myself to you. I am honestly surprised at the hostility. It is my opinion that the watch is worth more than I paid for it. If no one else agrees, cool, I will keep it and that will be the end of it. I am honestly asking you, "am I missing something, what did I do?" Please reconsider your position, without feeling like you have backed yourself into a corner.

I have no reservations about you selling it first off. Second, a BS artist, yeah, "I'm a collector and it will be nice to add to my little collection" if I remember is what I was told. That's fine and all, you could have simply said I am a flipper, scalper, etc and I would have also been fine. Collector's collect. Eventually they sell. In this circle, scalpers buy and flip immediately just so you know and recognize the difference. And flip at quite large profits. I got what I felt was what I wanted so I have no issue there, but to push hard for the pictures and "proof" of it's origin, to then plaster all over ebay as supporting evidence, is clearly a scalp move. So, reconsider, nah, I don't think I should, backed into a corner, not in the slightest bit. Thank you however, for removing the photos. Proceed to sell as you wish and good luck.

We could go back and and forth but this is my last post, no further post from me. Apparently, your memory IS different than mine. Yes I asked for proof. Who wouldn't when spending that much money. I DO buy many things, I DO collect many, many things, I DO sell many things. If you primary complaint is that I do not meet YOUR definition of a collector, well I guess that is just the way it is. As a matter of point, I purchase the watch, the box, the photos,etc. Making them mine. I can use them as I please. I have taken down the photos as a courtesy despite the fact that you insult me, threaten a ridiculous vero complaint, despite the fact that I own the photos. At any rate, I think your response reveal more about your character, than me trying to resell a cool watch. Still, I wish you well and hope that you have a happy holiday. Honestly, I will be happy whether the watch sells to someone on this forum, some random person on eBay, or not at all.

Regards

once again, if you had a clear understanding of how things work, you would see where fault lies. let me explain. A photo is just that, but intellectual property rights belong to the person who took the photo. Now that you have a better understanding, I provided photographic proof of the origin of the watch, however at NO point did I express you were buying the rights to reproduce, re-use, distribute, or profit from my intellectual property. Now being in your line of work, you should understand what the boundaries and ramifications of breaking the law is. There is a minimum fine assessed to this type of crime, are you prepared to pay that price? I clarified what my issue was and you corrected that which I thanked you for.

hey guys lets cool it, to be honest he shouldn't have misrepresented himself, he clearly intended to scalp it, if he was a collector we would see a pic of an oakley collection by now lol. But legally the second you send pictures to someone, they inherit ownership of them and them publicizing them online is deemed freedom of speech.

bottom-line yeah he's flipping the watch at a crazy price but at least he was nice enough to take down the pictures, legally he isn't required to

just my 2 cents lol

well according to vero and intellectual rights laws, which he didnt acquire the rights of the photos, by law he is required to. when you order a pay per view, buy a cd, buy a movie, etc, you don't acquire the rights to re-sell, reproduce, or otherwise profit from said item either. So yes, by law and ebay vero policy, he would be required to remove them. That's why ebay has a vero rights policy and any person who has intellectual rights to an image or information being used outside the scope of ownership will be subject to removal and or further account restrictions. Trust me, I have done my homework. Scalping is his business and I have no reservation about it as I stated, just the use of the photos. Hey, if he gets 2k for it, good for him. If not, ya win some ya loose some. Just not the brightest move to come to a collector forum to post up without maybe checking for past posts cuz there's some passionate people who will call ya on the carpet quick and blow your game lol..Good luck to him by all means he did what I asked and that's respectable.

Back