• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2012 Year In Review

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
So 2012 is over and what a year it was. I have been collecting Oakley stuff for a few years now but I broke into the sunglasses hard and heavy this year. I bought my first pair in Feb of 2012 and the rest as they say is history. One of my goals for the beginning of 2013 is to clean, picture and record all of the pairs in my collection. Its gonna take a while to get it all done but... I need to do it for a few reasons.

I'll add the models as I go along but here is a start. The New Straight Jacket is quickly becoming my favorite model of O Matter frames. Here is what I have so far. Some are NIB, some not so much but I love them all.

DSC02749.jpg

Oops, looks like one first get SJ snuck in the pic...

Here is a shot of my X-Metal collection with one Mag thrown in. Missing one R2, it was in the other room and I forgot it.

DSC02754.jpg

I was very fortunate to find all 4 of the factory released Topcoats in a short amount of time. The only one missing is the athlete exclusive blue frame, but I'm working on it.

DSC02751.jpg

This is my current Minute collection, mostly Gen I & II, couple missing here as well, at the shop.

DSC02761.jpg

Eye Jackets, missing 2 more red 2.0, a 3.0 and a New EJ, all at the shop.

DSC02755.jpg

Here is my special edition shelf.....

DCP02757.jpg

Sport frames....

DSC02792.jpg

The XXs

DSC02807.jpg

More vintage

DSC02805.jpg

Everything else

DSC02809.jpg

Thanks to everyone on here that gave advise, pointed me in the right direction, helped grow the collection and was just downright cool about Oakleys! 2013 is already off to a bang!

Nice vintage stuff :thumb::thumb::thumb:
But please, don't cross my way on ebay :tongue:

2012 was a big collection year for me too. I picked up some Juliets, jawbones, crankcases, Holbrooks, half jackets, etc.

Back