• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley says they aren't rereleasing the neon yellow, but i'd be surprised if it doesn't happen in the next year or two.

I posted that above but where i get some of my info from is one of their athletes who is a friend of mine and they sent him neons a couple months ago so who knows if they're still making them but they are not planning on rereleasing them..

Oakley tells people they are not planning on rereleasing them. They also said the original colorways would never be rerealeased. I am not taking their word or anyone's word on this until oakley goes out of business, because I still see it as a distinct possibility.

Anything there is real demand for the will re-release. Nobody saw the re-releases coming last year, and Polished black w/fire are going to be re-released this year, so Oakley are in re-releasing mode.

The Acid Tortoise will be out in a few months but Oakley will already be planning for the next Frogskins range due at the end of 2012 so it may well be they are sending samples of what's to come out to their sponsored athletes to get the hype going.

thats why im only f'in with the collabs. oakley cant re-release a collab with a brand

Anything there is real demand for the will re-release. Nobody saw the re-releases coming last year, and Polished black w/fire are going to be re-released this year, so Oakley are in re-releasing mode.

The Acid Tortoise will be out in a few months but Oakley will already be planning for the next Frogskins range due at the end of 2012 so it may well be they are sending samples of what's to come out to their sponsored athletes to get the hype going.

Ill have to ask him if they had a SKU. But he also got the 4-legged turquoise and some fades and they're not rereleasing those...not that I'm a mind reader but it would just seem weird. The fire frog coming out is not a rerelease its part of the Fire/Ice collection so that can't really count. Just my thoughts. I don't care if anyone disagrees. There will always be something new..im done with anticipating and waiting at this point. The collabs are where its at!

We don't disagree with you Kyle. I am sure everyone believes you heard there are no plans to rerelease the yellow as most of us have heard this. We just don't trust the initial source.

Im not in any way trying to say that i know everything going on with a sunglass company and they're plans for releases. Jk is right, we don't know at this point what we will see. We might not even see the acid tortoise or deuce coupe and we might see neon yellow and matte clear rereleased. Who knows? I would like to see what they throw out without any of us knowing though!

The fire frog coming out is not a rerelease its part of the Fire/Ice collection so that can't really count. Just my thoughts.

Semantics I guess, but Black/Ruby (which is so close to Fire) was released in 2008 as a "Collectors Edition" and part of the "White Hot" range (see o-review). Oakley state "Collectors Edition" pieces are "For each original color combination of this coveted style, limited quantities will be produced. This is an opportunity to own a rare retro classic, and once supplies are gone, the window of opportunity will be closed forever."

I don't have a problem with Oakley re-releasing things, obviously they can do what they want. I do have a problem with Oakley saying the opportunity to own something is limited because the opportunity will never come again, only to find out they lied and the window of opportunity will come again.

Back