• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Semantics I guess, but Black/Ruby (which is so close to Fire) was released in 2008 as a "Collectors Edition" and part of the "White Hot" range (see o-review). Oakley state "Collectors Edition" pieces are "For each original color combination of this coveted style, limited quantities will be produced. This is an opportunity to own a rare retro classic, and once supplies are gone, the window of opportunity will be closed forever."

I don't have a problem with Oakley re-releasing things, obviously they can do what they want. I do have a problem with Oakley saying the opportunity to own something is limited because the opportunity will never come again, only to find out they lied and the window of opportunity will come again.

Well, technically, with how they worded it, even if they didn't rerelease those colorways, they would still be lying. You can buy 90-95% of frogs years and years after they were released on fleabay. I understand your side of the argument though, as I have a pair of original Clear/Violets which aren't worth crap now, and when I bought them I was under the impression that they wouldn't be released again, but then again I am elated by the fact that I now have an opportunity to buy matte fire's at retail again. It's a double edged sword. Plus, it's not like they originally cost 300 dollars 3 years ago, and now that colorway is available from Oakley for $100 dollars. The only people that get screwed over in this deal are victims of the vicious Frogskin ebay market prices, which Oakley has no control over.

Semantics I guess, but Black/Ruby (which is so close to Fire) was released in 2008 as a "Collectors Edition" and part of the "White Hot" range (see o-review). Oakley state "Collectors Edition" pieces are "For each original color combination of this coveted style, limited quantities will be produced. This is an opportunity to own a rare retro classic, and once supplies are gone, the window of opportunity will be closed forever."

I don't have a problem with Oakley re-releasing things, obviously they can do what they want. I do have a problem with Oakley saying the opportunity to own something is limited because the opportunity will never come again, only to find out they lied and the window of opportunity will come again.

I get what your saying and i agree man

Latest Posts

Back