• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2014 Releases

Chit chatting with an O employee and he mentioned about the release of new X metal line. MIGHT be towards the end of the year. He has an O news magazine and he quoted a saying "We can't wait to release our new carbon fiber frame" from the magazine.
Since I work for Oakley, and know what magazine this employee was quoting from, I have to say he is not accurate. The article actually stated that they do not have plans for any more X-Metals in the near future. They did mention a carbon fiber frame, which I assume to be the carbon blades. And from I gathered they will be focusing more on carbon fiber than a new X-Metal.

I'm not trying to talk bad about another employee. I just want to make sure you guys get the best information possible.

Are the new models in O stores yet? I'd love to be able to get a pair of quarter jackets for the little guy but I need to make sure they'd fit first.

Too bad the qj's have better colorways than hj2.....lucky kids if valves snug like Dogs i am interested for sure These are quite a bit closer to the omatter i have been missing

Surprising that the .25J are so expensive. You'd think for a youth frame they'd be $60-$75. Even The North Face cuts their Denali jacket from $165 to $98 for youth sizes.

Back