• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2016 lookback

erap

I should Work at Oakley
Hello fellow O-thusiasts.

Oakley took a back seat for me this 2016-got only 1 xmetal for the entire year. O-funds went into vacation: Tokyo, Singapore, HK and Bali were all money well spent. Not have been active in the forum but one common theme I noticed is the falling of xmetal prices.

So what's your O-story for 2016?;)

Hello fellow O-thusiasts.

Oakley took a back seat for me this 2016-got only 1 xmetal for the entire year. O-funds went into vacation: Tokyo, Singapore, HK and Bali were all money well spent. Not have been active in the forum but one common theme I noticed is the falling of xmetal prices.

So what's your O-story for 2016?;)
No more watches!!!! :party:

Oh. And some good people no longer at the O. :cry:

No more watches!!!! :party:

Oh. And some good people no longer at the O. :cry:

Funny how I tried to switch to sunglasses from watches only to realise later on it was also expensive! Nowadays my watch purchases are limited to custom leather straps and maintenance of watches that costs more than a bnew xmetal!

Much the same as yourself, except you bought one x-metal more than I did this year!

Enjoyed a fair bit of travelling, had some great experiences (while ephemeral they are arguably more rewarding than things) and generally didn't miss Oakley, though I like to pop on the forum now and again. Most recently, in Hamburg, I saw an Oakley store and didn't even bother going in - I figured they'd have nothing that would interest me.

Here's a Christmas card I did for friends and family of some of those experiences throughout 2016 - I have cut one photo out of this one, the only one with me in it (I don't like photos of me floating about really, you're not missing much!).

Xmas 2016 edit.jpg

Look back from Litos:

1) another successful year in the oil/gas business - check
2) going to work tomorrow - check
3) both kids are beautiful and healthy - check
4) wife still has a smokin hot body - check
5) cool cars - check
6) dogs are healthy - check
7) 9 Xmetals - check

Simple life, but full of life - I'm happy :)

Look back from Litos:

1) another successful year in the oil/gas business - check
2) going to work tomorrow - check
3) both kids are beautiful and healthy - check
4) wife still has a smokin hot body - check
5) cool cars - check
6) dogs are healthy - check
7) 9 Xmetals - check

Simple life, but full of life - I'm happy :)

Excellent checklist bro. Well done. :drinks:

I'm glad you didn't fire sale 7 of those 9...

My "O" 2016 story is pretty simple..... Got introduced to Oakleys.... Got addicted to Oakleys..... Started a collection! Cheers & Happy New Years O Fam!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My story 2016 hmmmmm easy i did not buy anything
And no plans of buying anything next year either. Planning on selling some pieces really.

I went minimalist this 2016 so I always try to be creative and make do what's available before making unnecessary purchases.;) 2017, I'm so ready!

Here's a prime example on how to have a basket of fruits on a shoestring budget.

image.jpeg

Back