• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2016 Tour de France Editions

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
Big props and respec' to the O-Review lads. Someone has posted up pics there of the models in the 2016 TdF Collection. Hadn't seen any mention of it here, so thought I'd share it in case you guys missed it.

Or are just not bothered!

Anyway - they're on Oakley.com now.

These colourways represent the main jersey colours for the top ranked cyclists during the race.
GC Race Leader (yellow jersey), King of the Mountains (polka dot) and Sprints Point Leader (green).

20160411_075214_image.jpe

20160411_075301_image.jpe

20160411_075328_image.jpe

20160411_075356_image.jpe

20160411_075424_image.jpe

Last edited:
i like them . . .

the turbine looks still funny - maybe i will get into the oval O's in a couple months - but i doubt!

I think they are actually doing a good job with prints on the sports frames at the moment - what with TdF and USA pairs.

Yeah, the Turbine looks like something you could knock up in OCP, were it not for the bag and etching. But hey, a lot of editions/collections are that way.

The KoM originally surfaced on an eBay auction a while ago. It's cool that these are publicly available, though I'm not a fan of the prints. It's just...small. Thought the same about the Team USA.

Would've liked the KoM to be straightforward dots and could've been paired with a slick black parting like Voeckler's Colnago a couple years back. The Leader/yellow colorway works for me, though. Maybe would've added more gold hits at most.

The bags are sweet.

I have actually been planning on scooping up the Turbine since I 1st saw it on oakley.com in early April with the new releases...

These showed up on Oakley.com the last couple of days of the last F&F (I posted a note I think on the Q1 releases thread). The last one to show up was the Team USA Jawbreaker.
I haven't had the chance to see the TdF pairs in person,just on the website and postings in IG, but I did buy the Team USA Jawbreaker yesterday. It looks REALLY nice in person.

I've also seen pics of the Jawbreaker and Radar EVs in World Champion colors and they look VERY nice.

Latest Posts

Back