• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2017 1st Quarter Release (sneak peak)

Great point and speculation... I hope they don't do that. I did hear that Oakley distribution will move to Atlanta GA (McDonough?) in January '17. They won't ship for 4 days during that time. Still sad to see jobs leave CA... I hate a gimmick like calling things prizm that aren't. Or saying they are moving to offer "better service".
What says king @QLR1 the ATL original!?
IIRC, Lux has a facility in McDonough, an Atlanta suburb, about 20-30 minutes south of the airport. Since Oakley is Lux owned, it makes sense.

EDIT
Oakley downsizing continues in O.C. with more layoffs expected

Had no idea they were building something there

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
Had no idea that they kept the original O on the original Holbrook in the new release. Maybe I'll get one pair. Lol

Sent from Q's Note5

Great point and speculation... I hope they don't do that. I did hear that Oakley distribution will move to Atlanta GA (McDonough?) in January '17. They won't ship for 4 days during that time. Still sad to see jobs leave CA... I hate a gimmick like calling things prizm that aren't. Or saying they are moving to offer "better service".
What says king @QLR1 the ATL original!?

On this note, I'm bummed that this could mean I won't have have free fast shipping anymore lol. If they actually recover jobs as a whole (albeit in GA where they still leave the cut staff to dry), I really can't hate on it as a business move.

I also can't judge the Prizm marketing just yet. It was weird introducing Snow to sunglasses, but at the same time, it could be trendy stuff to wear for people driving and just...hanging out...in the snow. Can't leave them snow people out.

The example Max pointed out is weird, though. Would assume it's some sort of site/labeling error before a deliberate baiting attempt. Everything apart from the URL and navigation link indicated it's Black Iridium. It's priced like a non-Prizm pair.

On this note, I'm bummed that this could mean I won't have have free fast shipping anymore lol..

Your loss, maybe my gain. UPS ground from metro Atlanta is two days or less to my house. USPS is similar sometimes depending on the routing.

Sent from Q's Note5

I also can't judge the Prizm marketing just yet. It was weird introducing Snow to sunglasses, but at the same time, it could be trendy stuff to wear for people driving and just...hanging out...in the snow. Can't leave them snow people out.
The Prizm snow Radar EV and Jawbreaker are used a lot by cross country skiers and biathletes here so the market is there in some parts of the world. We snow people need love too you know (picking up a spare set of Prizm snow Canopy goggles today..)

The Prizm snow Radar EV and Jawbreaker are used a lot by cross country skiers and biathletes here so the market is there in some parts of the world. We snow people need love too you know (picking up a spare set of Prizm snow Canopy goggles today..)

A true testament to snow people in need.

Meanwhile Q probably conspired for the whole operations relocation for his convenience. Disgusting thug is trying to keep whatever leftover Taco lenses exist in this Earth.

A true testament to snow people in need.

Meanwhile Q probably conspired for the whole operations relocation for his convenience. Disgusting thug is trying to keep whatever leftover Taco lenses exist in this Earth.
Damn. I had no idea I was that maniacal!

Sent from Q's Note5

The example Max pointed out is weird, though. Would assume it's some sort of site/labeling error before a deliberate baiting attempt. Everything apart from the URL and navigation link indicated it's Black Iridium. It's priced like a non-Prizm pair.

Dann over on o-review gave an interesting take:
"Might be some, but since the HDO patent lapsed, this is their way of having their own lenses be unique. The Sport lenses already moved over:
[inserted from 2 lines above] That should be the start of the eventual Prizm takeover. The rest should follow R1 / R2 next year.
Persimmon > Prizm Trail
OO Red > Prizm Road
Shallow/Deep Water > Prizm Fresh/Salt Water
VR## > TR##
G30 > Prizm Golf
Lifestyle Lenses started with Prizm Daily which was the evolution of OO Grey. Prizm Daily is the lens name, but the base name will now be Prizm Universal. This will replace the standard grey on Black, Jade, Sapphire. Not sure what bronze will end up being for the non-iridium, Gold, and Fire.
We also saw Goggles do the same. Previously VR28 was used in lieu of grey, so Snow Black Iridium was Black Iridium + VR28. Now the base became Prizm Rose, and the Black, Torch, Sapphire, & Jade have that."

Which kinda makes sense when you think about it. For those not mad about Oakley, attempting to understand what all 25+lenses are and why there's no difference between +red and grey, but there is between +red and fire (as far as base color) isn't simple nor easy to remember and probably inhibits online sales. This way you know that all prizm universal sunglasses are the same to look through, just different colors on the outside, and I imagine the same will go for all future lenses. So prizm universal jade = base lens color(prizm universal)+external color(jade)

Latest Posts

Back