• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2017 MLB Season

With that win, the Braves have 11 wins in their last at bat, most in the MLB... with a losing record (31-37). The Phillies have 10 such wins and their record is worse (22-46)

Taken from the Wild thread for my selfish promo purposes.

So I mean, to clarify, you would dispute the statement that Nolan Arenado is the best defensive (statistically) 3B to ever play 3B?

Whether you extrapolate out sample size to compare Nolan's 4.5 MLB years to some/any of the game's historical 3B defensive greats, or if you look at any 4.5 year period from any 3B ever (ideally their first 4.5 years obv), the defensive stats are indisputable. Check the stats or check the tape. Either/or.

Yea, we finally have a legit season/team here in Colorado and, yes, I am pretty excited about that. There's a real opportunity to finally end the club's disgraceful history of never winning the NL West. But, you can't argue facts. If ever the Rockies do anything great (whether as a team or individually) it's brushed off or unnoticed in the national narrative. But statistically, we all know Matt Holliday was robbed of MVP in 2007 (even after embarrassing Philly/Rollins in the playoffs) because the Rockies weren't/aren't on the national radar. It was already decided Rollins would be the NL MVP. Absurd.
The Rocks are definitely not being unnoticed by the "national narrative". The MLB Network crows about the Rocks and Nolan on a regular basis. TBH, it's the only outlet I go to for MLB info. FS1 and ESPN both suck when it comes to baseball coverage. The Rockies have won 7 in a row? When you win, the attention WILL come. Nolan's plays are awesome, but you have Manny Machado and others taking the spotlight!

It's good that your a home team fan who loves the local MLB team. To many fair weather fans out there that jump from team to team. Ex..all the Cubs fans that came out last year...but...it is an outrageous to say that a player who hasn't been in the league for 5 yrs is the Best Ever 3rd baseman...correct me if I am wrong @QLR1 and @Litos but I am lost for words. Stats don't make you the best ever..just ask Blake Bortles..his stats were great...in the 4th qtr..(garbage time)
There is no denying the numbers. Numbers get you into the books, but it is his peers that decide whether he gets into the Hall.

I'm glad that Adam is showing love for his home team...may the Rocks continue to do their thing. Maybe they'll hold off the Dodgers... The Giants and Padres are trash... And Arizona isn't that bad with one of the best home records in the league.

Marlins walked of the Nats 8-7 on a Marcell Ozuna single. Justin Bour, suddenly hot from the DL, hit a grand slam.

The Reds go to Tampa and end its losing streak.

Braves shut out the Giants 9-0.

Pirates beat the Brewers 8-1

Indians shut out the O's 12-0

Cubs beat the Padres 3-2

Royals beat the Red Sox 4-2

Damn...Kershaw allowed 4 HR in the game against the Mets, but the Dodgers win anyway.

Sent from Q's Note5

Funny I've seen no Astros posts lately, guessing that only happens when they win.

Cody Bellinger, a rookie 1B/OF for the Dodgers, becomes the fastest player to reach 21 HR in 51 games.

Yesterday, only the Nats were winners in the NL East. Today, Scherzer had a no hit bid going into the 8th inning... oops. It got broken up and the Nats lose :)
Marlins rally to beat Max Scherzer, Nationals

Padres beat the Cubs on a bases loaded walk off Uehara.

KC 6, BOS 4: Salvador Perez hits the game winning grand slam for the Royals.

Rays take the series from the Reds with a 8-3 score.

Braves lost last night via a surprise comeback by the Giants 6-3... tonight's game had a rain delay. Braves get their billion stadium in the suburbs and they didn't bother building a freaking dome?!?!?!? Today, Freddie Freeman said he is open to moving to 3rd base to accommodate the hot bat of Matt Adams, who can only play 1B.

Ouch, yesterday, the Cards score 7 in the 11th inning and beat the Phillies 8-1

Nolan Arenado hits a game winning triple for the Rocks last night against the D-backs. Colorado won 6 in a row

Seager hits 3 home runs for the Dodgers and the Mets get shut out 12-0 last night. OUCH

Matt Kemp hits a walk off 2 run homer; Braves beat the Giants 5-3 in 11 innings. It is the Braves' 12th win in the last AB :)

The Orioles have played 18 consecutive games where the opponent has scored at least 5 runs. Alas, they have won only 6 of them and tonight's game was not one of them. The Indians beat them 5-1.

Brewers beat the Pirates 4-3

Arizona rolls Colorado 16-5

Phillies lose in extras to the Cards. Phillies have 7 such losses, most in MLB.

Yankees, Blue Jays, and Twins win.

Funny I've seen no Astros posts lately, guessing that only happens when they win.
What do you mean ??

You mean the best team in baseball sitting at 50-24 ?? The team that just got a 4-game sweep on the road !?!?

You mean this team ?? The team with the most road wins in the league !?!?

Yep, they're doing just fine ;)

#FirstTo50

BOOOOOM !!!!

IMG_5609.jpg

Last edited:
Back