• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2017 MLB Season

Awesome times for your city Bro.. Lifetime cards fan here. It's really neat to see your team and all of the fans get to experience it all finally.
Speaking of the cards......I wonder if´s really true Stanton said no to both SF and the Cardinals, they both got great fans, seems like nicer places to be than NY
Even if NY wins, it will just be "another one" . Would have been greater if he could had lead STL back into a WS

Speaking of the cards......I wonder if´s really true Stanton said no to both SF and the Cardinals, they both got great fans, seems like nicer places to be than NY
Even if NY wins, it will just be "another one" . Would have been greater if he could had lead STL back into a WS

Got me man.. Never know the behind the scenes.. Like Holliday said.. there's not really time to do anything else during the season anyway... He certainly would have had a statue here if he'd have showed up and stayed for a while. His being a complete player and personality would have been a great fit here... I don't think they would have gone as far for a similar player with a bad attitude. There are a few articles floating around (haven't read) quoting his questioning the cards future. It's true, we're more of an old fashioned team, but hey, it's the midwest, the epitome of old fashioned. We've had a pretty good playoff run in the past several years and just missed out the last 2. We're spoiled here... NLDS tickets can usually be had for $5-6 or free. Here in STL we're not used to huge offseason moves anyway and ever since the infancy of the Stanton thing most everyone here was pretty skeptical about him even entertaining it.. He's got a pent up demand for a fast track to the world series and I wouldn't blame him after being stuck in Miami. Out of our last 3 WS appearances the 2 wins were a result of eeking in both times and beating every team we were told would dominate us so we're more about getting in and seeing what happens than buying our way to "make it happen" A game out in '16 and 4 games out last year but still having better records than our WS win years.. heck you could chalk that up to a few bad pitches and an injury.. (Alex Reyes).. but that's baseball.. or any other sport. To each his own though.. Look at Votto.. he's just fine being the franchise player and probably has no WS coming to him anytime soon.

Astros pitching staff will ensure Stanton and Judge are remembered as the two players who struck out the most in post season history...

Astros just went through a post season having to face Judge, Gregorious, Sanchez, Chapman, Sebathia, Betances, Frazier, Price, Sale, Kimbrel, Betts, Benintendi, TURNER, BELLINGER, PUIG, SEAGER, KERSHAW, MORROW and JANSEN...

the Yankees adding Stanton doesn’t scare me...

don’t forget, we got the MVP, WS MVP, a couple of Cy Young Winners and a lineup that makes opposing teams nearly sheeeet themselves...

..ask any Dodger pitcher and they’ll tell you...

Next season should be interesting

“Just another one”? Please explain

“Just another one”? Please explain
Yankees got 27 WS titles , more than anyone else. Of course it would great for the fans in NY to win again.
I just don't see it meaning much for Stanton to win there, joining a somewhat already stacked team.

i am just surprised Jeter pulled this stunt, he is the one that has to walk around Miami, surely he will hear about this from people he run into. But i guess he doesn't meet common folks/baseball fans :smile:
reading comments everywhere, people are furious. I think Jeter will be surprised of the backlash from this deal.

Last edited:
Lmfao !!!

F634E55D-BBB5-4761-919E-ADFCC7825CD1.jpeg

Marcell Ozuna to the cardinals .......2017 stats: 312 batting average, 37 home runs and 124 RBI

Boras says Marlins are now a 'pawn shop'

How did mlb ever approve this ownership group. This is a crime upon marlin fans and residents of the state whose money was used to fund their stadium on the promise of being a competitive team. Derek jeter is a fraud

How the fu*k does Jeter dare show his face in Miami after this !?

Back