• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2018 Winter Olympics special?

Gotta say in person the Radar EV looks cool but the Jawbreaker looks great.

20180125_103714.jpg

Is the prizm ruby lens basically fire, but re-named?

I don't think so. I don't have them in front of me but from what I recall trying them on yesterday they felt like Ruby looking through (without the Greenish tint usually seen when looking through a fire lens). And next to other pairs I have they do look closer to normal ruby than fire.

Although to be fair there seem to be some inconsistencies with how Fire looks (it's beem discussed elsewhere here). I have some fire lenses that look almost bright orange-yellow whereas others may look more towards the darker orange-ish end of the scale.

No frog this time or lifestyle frame at all. The colors are cool but I agree. The bag is the best part..

Yeah bags are cool. The GWP large drawstring bag is merely OK but at least it is something.

I do like the fact that the finish is matte and looks good overall. But man they have to get more creative than just putting out different fades. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE cool fades but a little variety and daring wouldn't hurt.

Lots of goggle versions too. Think I'll stick to black frames on mine though, the fade doesn't go to well with my helmets ;)

Yeah bags are cool. The GWP large drawstring bag is merely OK but at least it is something.

I do like the fact that the finish is matte and looks good overall. But man they have to get more creative than just putting out different fades. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE cool fades but a little variety and daring wouldn't hurt.
I think Brian takumi is the influence on alot of the creative side of the things there. He's always been huge on the fades.

It's just what he does most of the time..
received_10155632719569230.png
received_10155632714564230.png

These we're his latest

Back