• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2018 Winter Olympics special?

I think Brian takumi is the influence on alot of the creative side of the things there. He's always been huge on the fades.

It's just what he does most of the time.. View attachment 427399 View attachment 427400

These we're his latest
Yeah I saw he has been posting a bit of the history of how these came about on Instagram.

Wish they would sell a few of the editions he has put out there that end up being Athlete only. The pink fade for the Giro d Italia last year was cool but only released to athletes. I was lucky to have been able to snag one of those in the Jawbreakers. But there is one there for Team Dream Team cycling guys that is fantastic.

Some of the collaborations on the sports frames have been kind of Meh (Cyclingtips Jawbreaker for example) and some were sort of not as stunning or interesting in pictures as they ended up being in real life. This last one makes me think of the MASH collab last year. As limited as they were I couldn't bring myself to buy them initially. @cacatman I think posted some pics later which showcased them better. Then an acquaintance of mine showed them to me in person and that is when I really liked them (the paint color, the texture of the finish itself, etc. really looked great in person). Thankfully I was able to get a pair from a member here long after they sold out.

But I digress... The main point is that I do not see them coming out with as exciting or (and more importantly) limited releases as in the past. Oh and btw the Purple Pop fade Jawbreakers from mid last year were phenomenal but, again, made in high numbers.

I think Brian takumi is the influence on alot of the creative side of the things there. He's always been huge on the fades.

It's just what he does most of the time.. View attachment 427399 View attachment 427400

These we're his latest

These we're his latest

Also... Those you pasted there... Man those look super cool and i am sure Oakley would not have had issues selling them.

Anyone have an idea how well (or bad) these are selling? Went by my store today and they only had 1 left each of Flak, EVZero and Wind Jacket ( was not expecting to see a Wind Jacket for sale in the Caribbean, tbh).

Wondering how the other stores are doing.

Someone need to put a pair next to the new evade helmet
specialized_02-1517854604741-fgby7ng7oeeh-630-80.jpg

Latest Posts

Back