• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2021-? The Joe B presidential accomplishments thread

That makes sense! I know someone who has a neighbor whos kids went to school here yet "don't speak English" or so they claim. I just thought it odd that they went to and graduated from school here without speaking English.
Just saw this.....and yeah, that's bullshit. Kinda. But again depends on the living arrangement.

My wife is a nurse, and when she was in school she had clinicals in a school that is predominantly Latin American. Same city that most of my coworkers live in ironically. Anyway, she said that they all basically spoke Spanish almost all the time and then had English as a second language classes. It was a high school. Big problem is that when they go home to their house, there is no one to speak English with so even if they start in 1st grade, its still hard.

My nurse at work, was born in PR and moved here when she was 6. She speaks good English, but still struggles with words in English sometimes that she has to look up the translation. She went to the school mentioned above. Her parents can speak English, but they all choose to speak Spanish the majority of the time because they know it better. She is 21.

Not defending at all, I am sure there are some that take advantage, just giving examples of how I see this happen. I honestly couldn't understand how people move here and don't learn English after being here for 20 years, until I was exposed to how and why it does happen. Its crazy.

Just saw this.....and yeah, that's bullshit. Kinda. But again depends on the living arrangement.

My wife is a nurse, and when she was in school she had clinicals in a school that is predominantly Latin American. Same city that most of my coworkers live in ironically. Anyway, she said that they all basically spoke Spanish almost all the time and then had English as a second language classes. It was a high school. Big problem is that when they go home to their house, there is no one to speak English with so even if they start in 1st grade, its still hard.

My nurse at work, was born in PR and moved here when she was 6. She speaks good English, but still struggles with words in English sometimes that she has to look up the translation. She went to the school mentioned above. Her parents can speak English, but they all choose to speak Spanish the majority of the time because they know it better. She is 21.

Not defending at all, I am sure there are some that take advantage, just giving examples of how I see this happen. I honestly couldn't understand how people move here and don't learn English after being here for 20 years, until I was exposed to how and why it does happen. Its crazy.
It seems like it's not like it was where you move here and assimilate to the American way. Now it seems people expect the Americans to assimilate to their way. I have lived overseas for years, and very rarely did I see things in both English and the local language, and almost never outside of tourist areas.

The Media Gloomed and Doomed 24/7 around Trump. It was hard to get a clear idea about what was going on. He did a good job for the country because he WASNT a career politician. He ran it like a business. Thats why the left hated him so much. He was trying to streamline, cut Govt programs that are bloated and thats not what Lefties want.
tealc-stargate.gif

It seems like it's not like it was where you move here and assimilate to the American way. Now it seems people expect the Americans to assimilate to their way. I have lived overseas for years, and very rarely did I see things in both English and the local language, and almost never outside of tourist areas.
Is there a little American in Germany I wonder? Gonna go out on a limb and say no. Except for the military bases of course.

Is there a little American in Germany I wonder? Gonna go out on a limb and say no. Except for the military bases of course.
Funny enough there is a Little America in Germany. Kaiserslautern, Germany, to be exact which is where Ramstein Air Base is. When I lived there last it was the largest concentration of Americans outside of America. After several expansions in the Kaiserslautern Military Community I would assume that is still true. As a side note I have always wondered why Ramstein is an Air Base and not an Air Force Base but was never able to figure it out.

Funny enough there is a Little America in Germany. Kaiserslautern, Germany, to be exact which is where Ramstein Air Base is. When I lived there last it was the largest concentration of Americans outside of America. After several expansions in the Kaiserslautern Military Community I would assume that is still true. As a side note I have always wondered why Ramstein is an Air Base and not an Air Force Base but was never able to figure it out.
Well ****.....LOL

Fine, how about in Brazil then, LOL.

Back