• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24K Iridium Polarized Lens Variation?

Jay-Da

I should Work at Oakley
PA
So I picked up a pair of 24K Polar lenses for my Slivers today... and happened to compare them to the exact same 24K Polar lenses in my Holbrooks and noticed the lenses appear to be different when looking through... (see photos). Could this be due to a lighter/heavier iridium coating on one or due to the curvature of the lenses? Seems odd to me. They are both legit lenses... anyone experience this?

881AC171-912F-4616-A66D-DB7340CDA227.jpegDF8D0341-BC66-49EC-B5CE-A2700F8398A4.jpeg702B18D0-5730-4DC2-9460-0B1DA25AE133.jpeg

So I picked up a pair of 24K Polar lenses for my Slivers today... and happened to compare them to the exact same 24K Polar lenses in my Holbrooks and noticed the lenses appear to be different when looking through... (see photos). Could this be due to a lighter/heavier iridium coating on one or due to the curvature of the lenses? Seems odd to me. They are both legit lenses... anyone experience this?

View attachment 877049View attachment 877050View attachment 877051

Probably due to the batch made, I have two pairs of the same Frogskins with Bronze lenses and one is a darker shade then the other

It definitely is what batch they were made in., some Ruby’s look like + red and can make a fire look like Ruby. I’ve even seen a jade lens that doesn’t have a single bit of Green on it. It was entirely purple almost like a deep violet lens.

I regret not buying the purple Jade lens!

It definitely is what batch they were made in., some Ruby’s look like + red and can make a fire look like Ruby. I’ve even seen a jade lens that doesn’t have a single bit of Green on it. It was entirely purple almost like a deep violet lens.

I regret not buying the purple Jade lens!
Pics of this unicorn jade pls 🧐

I've definitely seen the variations in iridium coatings on ruby, fire, +red... but they are usually the same when looking through. That's what's weird about this... the 24K really don't vary but looking through is very different.

Latest Posts

Back