• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k Juliet And 24k X Squared

$450.00 each...... Hmmm....... Titanium iridium polarized........Hmmmmmm....... decisions, decisions.......

I'm standing by my original opinion on these as fails. Epic fails. Oakley has been saying "big out there things are coming"...I hope these are NOT it. The XX 24K is iconic in part because its blingy...but not TOO blingy. I mean a) few people could pull these off in public and b) they look cheap...much like the Pit Boss Ducati does. Now...as a display piece I can see the attraction...but I personally buy my Oakley's to wear them. Again, just me and I understand many are excited to own these--I look foward to your pictures and opinions once they are in hand and on face.

I'm standing by my original opinion on these as fails. Epic fails. Oakley has been saying "big out there things are coming"...I hope these are NOT it. The XX 24K is iconic in part because its blingy...but not TOO blingy. I mean a) few people could pull these off in public and b) they look cheap...much like the Pit Boss Ducati does. Now...as a display piece I can see the attraction...but I personally buy my Oakley's to wear them. Again, just me and I understand many are excited to own these--I look foward to your pictures and opinions once they are in hand and on face.

too true, i too reckon they should have stuck with the XX's style not ALL polished gold..

I still think these would've looked so much better had they done two-tone and 24K Polarized lenses, similar to the 24K XX's...those Ti Iridium Polarized are way out of place. Hmm...Polished Carbon orbitals/24K stems and bridge w/24K Iridium Polarized would've been sick too :eek:-

xsquaredmockup-1.jpg

At least they didn't brand it with Shaun White's name.

When we first got wind of these, i thought i would want them. But now that i see them (photoshopped, i know), i'm not sure if i could bring myself to buy a pair. I agree with everything ucdavis said.