• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k metals

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
I know that 24k metals (Juliets & X Squared) are rare limited release, but how many people actually spent over 1k on these and actually wore them at all? Are they purely shelf queens? I've been contemplating getting a set for completeness sake, but prices have gone up beyond reason (in my view anyway). Interested to know what others think.

I wear mine occasionally but I pick my spots. They are the blingiest of them all and there are many situations where you just wouldn't wear gold of any kind, not just sunnies.
Then again there are circumstances where anything goes. There are even fewer situations where a gold Crater is appropriate. Doesn't mean you don't need them...

Gold.JPG

If I knew about them when they were actually in stores, I would have bought 2 of each and worn one of them. Now they are just too expensive to wear :) Once you wear them, you forfeit the ability to recoup your cost in the future if you were to sell.

I know that 24k metals (Juliets & X Squared) are rare limited release, but how many people actually spent over 1k on these and actually wore them at all? Are they purely shelf queens? I've been contemplating getting a set for completeness sake, but prices have gone up beyond reason (in my view anyway). Interested to know what others think.
I did pay in excess of $1k and I have worn them. Once. :)

Back