• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k vs violet iridium

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
I recently decided to get a replacement lens for radar ev frame.. So i chose these two.. Both look great from the outside but can not able to decide what should I get?
i have no experience of how it looks through both of these lenses.. So if anyone have both of these can you tell me what is the light transmission percentage of these two lenses and are these two lenses enhance contrast or neutral?
What would be more versatile?

Both are great lenses and block a lot of light. I think the Violet Iridium lenses have a green hue when looking through them, I can't remember.

They both are great. I am no expert on base tints etc. they both enhance greens very well. Probably both between 12-15% light transmission (Polarized) 24K is probably the better everyday lens but the Violet looks so awesome when looking at you. I don't think you can go wrong with either and both are very similar base tints. I have both at home I will try and get a pic later today while looking through each.

Back