• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale 24K X-Squared BNIB price reduced to $1400

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like you guys. My 2 4 letter words for the day.

Oh yeah go hawks. Down with the new England deflaters.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I would like to start off by saying I am not in on these glasses and have no interest in getting the price lowered or how much they sell for or who buys them. A seller should get whatever a collector is willing to pay for the piece. The value of a product is always driven by what an individual is willing to pay for it. Regarding this particular pair, I feel calling them mint and asking a fair price for what is considered a mint pair of 24K XS, is a little high. This pair has a major flaw. Even if it came from the factory with the flaw, it is a flaw non the less. Mint condition = Pristine condition, free of any flaws or defects, it does not denote simply an unopened or unworn piece, from a collection / collector standpoint. This piece has a major flaw in the 24k finish. The value, from a collector standpoint has to take into account that flaw. I would rate the frame at the very most a 9/10 and most likely 8-8.5 / 10 based on that flaw. Ask anyone who deals in collecting things such as figurines or cards or comic books. The value is not purely based on never having been used. the value is based on things such as minor imperfections, dye lots, color fading, etc. A piece that is pristine, with no imperfections will always draw a higher value. An average pair that is still unused will set the standard for the market value for a so called mint piece and a below average pair, depending on the flaws or imperfections will always be below what the standard value is. I am not saying $1400 is an unfair price for these glasses as I am not familiar enough with the market. I am simply stating the buyer has to be willing to pay $1400 for a pair that has an imperfection and they may not be willing to do so, if they feel they can get a pair without that imperfection, even at a slightly higher price.

Dude listen you say he has his right to put a price on his stuff but...... Then you go on writing a damn novel on pair has flaw and so on. If you don't like his item go start your own thread on overpricing flaw items.

This is Heavychevy for sale thread.

Carry on

well said. @gs300. Again I was not telling him to lower his price. I did not even tell him his asking price was too high. I was trying to point out why he has had to lower his price four times and they are still not selling at his current asking price. The market will dictate the price. That was my point, the entire time.

It's all good man

I find it amusing how some people like to hijack threads and cry about the price. I will be locking this thread shortly. I would rather just keep these for the time being than be involved in this drama. If someone wants to make a legitimate offer you can pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.