• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k XX

Lando

Oakley Expert
IL
So I found these on craigslist. What do you guys think? The lens are pretty beat up, but other than a couple nicks the frames a pretty nice still. The nose bridge is factory tight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409095381.316420.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409095397.648939.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409095409.098860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409095418.116663.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409095425.368278.jpg

Last edited:
How does the serial indicate they are a movie release? Did he tell you? I would like to know too. LOL. Looks like a serialed xx 24k to me. Nosebridge looks like someone's failed attempt at a repair from the back or they were bent outta shape and pulled the rivet into the back of the nosebridge. Don't let CL sellers scam you!

He said they were mission impossible. I looked at o-review and it said XG###### was a movie release serial number, unless I read it wrong. I thought they were just a serialized 24k initially myself.

Edit: It is just a 24k serial. I was on mobile so the serial listed above it was actually the movie release. My mistake.

I looked at o-review and it said XG###### was a movie release serial number, unless I read it wrong

I think you read it wrong. X###### is the xmetal / ruby Juliet movie release, from x-men. XG is 24K XX.

That nosebridge damage would worry me.

Last edited:
I think you read it wrong. X###### is the xmetal / ruby movie release, from x-men. XG is 24K XX.

That nosebridge damage would worry me.

Yep, nosebridge damage bothers me too. I would ask for frame and stem pics nice and close also. Lenses and unobtainium can be replaced without an issue. But the frame finish is a big factor with that pair. Also if the nosebridge is damaged and loose it will need a tune up. What ever he is asking I would figure in you build cost. IMHO if the frame finish is trashed, move on from it unless you get it plasma blasted. But I still worry about the bridge coupler

The nose bridge definitely has something a little screwy. The rubber is protruding slightly on the right orbit, but nothing too crazy. Worse comes to worst it can be a beater pair for daily use. Maybe something to send to X-man?

I already have it. I got the frame at practically a steal. The nose bridge is actually as tight as my other LNIB frames. Definitely will need new lens. The scratches don't affect vision but don't look great.

Last edited: