• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3.0 Single Wide Transportation and Shelf question

lghtngyello03

Oakley Expert
Hey guys... I finally found a 3.0 case, it's a single wide, but I can live with that. I will be going to pick it up this weekend about 4hrs (one way) from me.

My first question is how many shelves is this thing supposed to have, 4 ? It only has 3 pictured and the guy says that's all he has...other than that its Mint.

Are these shelves pretty hard to get cut? I assume a glass place could cut it exactly if I gave them another shelf to go by?

Other question is about transportation.

I have an extended cab 95 S10...I know the case will fit in the bed of it, but what do I need to do to safely make a 4 hr trip home with this thing? I plan on taking 2 big moving blankets and my ratchet straps with me. I assume the doors, and side glasses are actual glass? Also how easy does the white plexi over the bottom lights come out so I can stick it in the truck with me, as to not worry about it getting damage?

I didn't have this issue with my Double Wide X-Metal when I bought it, as I was in a Tahoe, and the plexi made life easier.

Thanks,
Scott

When I pick my 3.0 up, we removed the glass shelfs and put them in the back seat stacked with towels between then. The door and sides of mine are plexiglass so iirc I just locked the door in place and it was fine (drive 180mikes home) If you are a bit nervous, bring a bunch of pillows to place inside stacked up and that would support the door as well.

The white plexi on the bottom is not attached at all. So if you turn the case any other way then standing up it'll fall out.

So basically when the case is standing. Take a nickel and edge it into the side of the plexi and lift it till you can pull it up with your fingers and out.

Wrap the hell out of it :D

@#1 Stunna! Is a champ at this!!!

:behindsofa:

IMG-20160710-WA0002.jpg

Back