• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3-D

I thought The Hobbit was a terrible movie. But yeah, I didn't see a whole lot of people going nuts over their Hobbit glasses.

LOL just cause you didnt like it doesnt mean it wasnt popular. It broke the $1 billion mark which is Im pretty sure is more than the other 3. Tron is probably the most sought after pair of 3d glasses but Tron Legacy did horrible in the theatre. Transformers dark side of the moon or whatever its called did well I think but only because of the franchise. Honestly I dont see people going crazy over 3d glasses in general. I think the Man of Steel would have been a great movie for them to try and market for glasses but if I wasnt a O fanatic I wouldnt even know that Oakley made 3d glasses.

LOL just cause you didnt like it doesnt mean it wasnt popular. It broke the $1 billion mark which is Im pretty sure is more than the other 3. Tron is probably the most sought after pair of 3d glasses but Tron Legacy did horrible in the theatre. Transformers dark side of the moon or whatever its called did well I think but only because of the franchise. Honestly I dont see people going crazy over 3d glasses in general. I think the Man of Steel would have been a great movie for them to try and market for glasses but if I wasnt a O fanatic I wouldnt even know that Oakley made 3d glasses.

I looked it up and here is what the movies did worldwide

Transformer Dark of the Moon - Worldwide: $1,123,746,996
Hobbit - Worldwide: $1,017,003,568
Tron Legacy - Worldwide: $400,062,763
TinTin - Worldwide: $373,993,951

I'm guessing the 3D glasses are being phased out because they werent a big seller, not the Gascan.

All I was trying to say is I feel Oakley is heading in another direction.

My reasoning. All the Oakley 3D gascans are currently 49$ in vaults that includes white,black, and the hobbit.
This has nothing to do with normal gascan sunglasses, I just feel the time they are a changing.

Well I'm pretty sure the times rated the 3D gascans at number 4 for best new invention. They're absolutely amazing and I'm sure they're going to be pushing to develop them in some way shape or form. Maybe not style switch that was just my wish because it makes the most sense

But we all know Oakley and they never do what's makes sense.

All I was trying to say is I feel Oakley is heading in another direction.

My reasoning. All the Oakley 3D gascans are currently 49$ in vaults that includes white,black, and the hobbit.
This has nothing to do with normal gascan sunglasses, I just feel the time they are a changing.

They might be dying out. I am not a big fan of 3d as it is anyways so who knows. They prob arent selling well so who knows if more will even come out.

Once again, popularity of the glasses. I don't recall Tron or Transformers going on closeout.

But yeah, Hobbit was TERRIBLE compared to the first trilogy. And no, I didn't read the books.

got a transformer one from an O store in Atlanta about 5 months ago had it put in under a display case not out ,told me they had one so I bought it. 90 dollars.

Most dont even know they have it. Nice score in atlanta. That at the 400 outlets?

Latest Posts

Back