• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3 Digit X serial

Smiley

I should Work at Oakley
I have a 3 digit X serial I’m thinking I wanna sell, it’s got no box and the lenses I think are custom cuts. I was gonna offer it for trade for an IH but feel that might be lopsided, on the other hand they made like 5000 X-men serials (yes I know not really “X-Men”) and who knows how many IH. The frame itself is DAMN nice however and you rarely see these surface. Thanks in advance for the advice.

image.jpg

Show us the lens please 😁 even if they might be custom cuts
Not the greatest pic. The display fantastic but something seems off about em. I think custom cuts but better to just say they are 5/10. I wear em as they are and they look killer

A817B1B5-394E-45D2-98D6-C677733D9CF8.jpeg

As long as they're custom cut rubies 😍 it's a shame to put other lenses on those sub 5000 xserial

do you rate them 5/10 because of scratches?

Yea they have striations that you can see from the inside. The ruby part itself seems fine. And you absolutely can’t tell when displayed or wearing but if you hold em up to light and look from the inside you can see em. I liked em as a daily style wear pair but still look sharp in the display but I have 2 others so really don’t need 3

Have you ever removed the lenses ? I noticed those strange striations on a pair of fire I have. When I popped them out of the frame they had a lot of tension. Just throwing that out there. Great pair homie.

Have you ever removed the lenses ? I noticed those strange striations on a pair of fire I have. When I popped them out of the frame they had a lot of tension. Just throwing that out there. Great pair homie.
I'm scared to look at each one of my lenses and look for these "striations" that you guys are talking about 😅

I’ll try and get a pic tomorrow. I’d just rather say they junk and have someone be happy they are nice. Here is a mint pair next to these. Oh and no I haven’t had em out. I’m really not a fan of pulling my lenses out lol I’m always afraid I’ll damage the lens

2068B4B1-7A7D-4155-A15E-53A5974FF4BC.jpeg

I think it may have to do with tension on the long sides of the lenses. All the xmetals are funky when fitting certain lenses. I have certain lenses that only fit in a few pairs. Oem at that.
I noticed my first gen bone plasma juliets have smaller orbitals than the later gen plasma. I always have a hard time inserting custom cuts or even oem factory cut lenses in them

Back