• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

$30 tool to tighten nosebridges yourself..

Although some may be a bit negative with this tool, received several PM's asking about this product.

To those who are interested , just search for "optical screw extractor" in eBay..

Just be careful when putting the pins back in is the most important part. They're pretty easy to have off a sliver and jam the pin against the outside of the nose. I use a 2mm rod which is slightly smaller than oem pins to line everything up prior to pressing pins in. I don't use that particular tool but alignment is still the most important part of found.

This might have been asked before but does anyone have a picture/info on the tool Oakley actually use to do this when you send your Juliets for a repin?

Would be interested to see it.

I will have a look and see if I can find the thread/picture.

I had a conversation with an Oakley Europe representative recently, they said they were stopping the repin service soon.

The same conversation as a fellow member on here had.

I use a toothpick to pre align everything..... I lube the pin with Purell...... I grab the pin with a pair of hemostats and set the pin in as far as possible using that...... Making sure the pin is strait i switch over to the Linegear tool.... I put a thin piece of fabric between the nose bridge and the press as not to mark up the front of the nose bridge.... I line the stuff up several times and begin to press the pin back into place..... I use a very bright flashlight to continually check that the pin remains straight...... DON"T FORCE IT !!!! Works very well for me.....