• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3d Printable X-Metal X-Squared Case

JeremyLaurenson

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Earth
After a LOT of tinkering I have successfully 3d printed a custom X-Squared case. I wanted an integrated AirTag to be able to track these things should I lose them, and I printed the base out of the same stuff as Legos - ABS, and the lid with regular PLA.
I like the current layout and look, and we'll see how it does in real life :)

tempImageOBmJOt.jpg
tempImage4H3ikf.jpg

tempImageM7aqgq.jpg

Downloadable here: Printables

No, not really. The design holds the frame at the orbital screws and the x-metal logo and the "towers" you see kinda lock the frame in snugly. The lid then comes down on the top of the orbitals so the whole thing is locked in place to avoid scratches etc

Might need some foam or something. The carbon finish is prone to wearing, and it looks like it’s happening in the case, unless these are reflections or something:

CA8C2DF2-57EF-40ED-A3B5-6552E986CA3E.jpeg

I was trying to minimize the case size. Vaults are always scaled for a set of sizes, and I wanted the SX to fit as close as possible, but use the ABS to really give it impact resistance.
The AirTag was a must - for obvious reasons.
I think I need a carabiner clip and the aforementioned padding options.

I was trying to minimize the case size. Vaults are always scaled for a set of sizes, and I wanted the SX to fit as close as possible, but use the ABS to really give it impact resistance.
The AirTag was a must - for obvious reasons.
I think I need a carabiner clip and the aforementioned padding options.
I wouldn’t like a carabiner, No chance in hell I’m clipping it to the outside of anything lol

Very nice design. If only the lid had a couple of lockdown points also, to lock the frame down from the top.

Back