• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Printed Stuff

Dylanismyname

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey guys
Ive been into CAD Modelling for several years now and have been using a 3D printer for a couple of years also. Recently ive been doing some work on some Oakley themed stuff and thought this might be a nice place to share some of stuff ive been working on. Ill slowly add more photos of stuff as i go along in order to get some feedback and hopefully give people some inspiration for their own projects

20161002_041834.jpg
20161002_041943.jpg
20161002_042007.jpg

20161002_041925.jpg

First up is a single tier stand copy, did this more as a test to see how the plastic would take the weight of the glasses and to try some new filament (Hence the white). Looks pretty neat and is pretty close to the original.

Yeah, you can add as many Oakley logos as you want as long as you aren't selling them as Oakley. Awesome work bro! Let's see some more

Next up, and im pretty proud of these. These were made about 2 years ago, when i first started printing ( read: excuse for rough finish) because i didnt have the spare money to buy the official oakley ones. Theyre expandable from 1 tier to about 5 before balance becomes an issue. Ive printed about 5 of these since, some with different logos, like a ferrari horse or rayban script.
View attachment 283134
20161002_054225.jpg

20161002_054159_001.jpg

20161002_054110.jpg

Only real issue with these is the kinda steppy finish (noob mistake) and the time it takes to print them.

Been working on a X-metal Vault style piece recently, have most of the parts printed out already, have been trying to capture some inspiration from some other products with it, just have to figure color scheme. Was thinking this.
Mockup 1.png

sorry for low res image, would normally render but posting from a phone.
taking inspiration from this among others.
s-l400.jpg

Can anyone suggest any improvements to make it more oakleyish?

Back