• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Printing

I don't want to put a damper on the enthusiasm, but one has to be really careful about duplicating replacement parts for glasses with these things. Oakley designs (as well as products from other companies) are protected and you just can't go around producing replacement earstems and whatnot and charge money for them.

In the privacy of your own home, you can do whatever the hell you want...but as soon as you start offering "replacement part services" here on a public forum, you can open yourself up to trouble. Even if it's for a part that's no longer made or supported by Oakley, they still control the rights to it. From a legal standpoint, it constitutes counterfeiting.

Now, I'm the last person here who'd give a rat's ass about someone churning out earstems, orbitals, icons, etc using one of these gizmos. And I'm by no means trying to play the moral apostle here. But be aware that there are members of this forum who likely would care...namely, Oakley employees....and I wouldn't want to see anyone here getting into any legal hot water. So just be careful out there, folks.
I bet a new forum member knows if it is copyright infringement or not. :lolsign:

dy7ujyje.jpg

Latest Posts

Back