• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

4.0 Case Outside Aspen, CO

There’s been a flood of mega towers in Colorado in the last week. One double 2 single and a table top spinner. The spinner looks like RX.

89ED97C0-6FB9-481B-8A67-A0B0E0AC2DBE.jpeg

Hey O-fam. Been absent from here for a while. I happened to search “Oakley” on CL and found this case within 15 miles of where I was working a few days ago. Naturally I logged on here to check out the display case scene. I should have figured someone would have scouted it.

Anyways, I picked it up today for $200. No shelves or power chord. The “goodies” in the bottom drawer included nine display bases. With all the parts I was able to piece together 7 triple and 2 double stands. There was a spare LED light in there also.

Looks like it takes a standard computer power supply chord.

Windows appear to be acrylic. Should be pretty simple to cut out some acrylic shelves to match when I get some time.

I’ll try to keep those interested updated as the collection display comes together...it was a real treat today getting to root through the old Oakley storage boxes. Some real gems in there :)

The shelves are beveled and tempered glass from Oakley. This is why I passed on it. I was up that way two weeks ago. I fingered the shelves would be a few hundred to keep the case original

Four years later…i finally got around to setting it up. Better late than never I guess. I went with acrylic on the shelves to save money. They sagged in the middle, so I designed and printed a support bracket/display stand to compensate. Not ideal, but I am very happy with the result.
53FB1D03-40D0-4868-9BA6-B3ED2CA3F670.jpeg
A9A2D582-D6BB-4E93-BEAC-5C68F9F4AE1C.jpeg

Back