• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

5 cops shot dead in Dallas

yes. your vehicle is an extension of your home and doesnt fall under the statute afaik
It varies by state.

In Michigan, as noted by the map, you must disclose you have a CPL (concealed pistol license) at the onset of any interaction with the police, regardless of whether you're currently carrying. Your vehicle is not treated the same as your home as you cannot have loaded long guns in your vehicle (nor pistols without a CPL).

Which is one reason AR and other rifle-type pistols have as much popularity as they do. I can't keep a "truck/trunk gun" in the form of a rifle or shotgun, but if that firearm is a pistol it can live in my vehicle and be carried loaded on my person at any time (state/federal no-carry and intoxicated notwithstanding).

Baton Rouge Sterling Case

(1) Officers responded to a call for a "person with a gun"
(2) officers gave orders to suspect
(3) suspect didn't comply
(4) suspect got tazed

**as a criminal with a healthy rap sheet, he should have just disclosed that he had a gun in his pocket, but he didn't because criminals aren't the most thoughtful of individuals**

(5) cop wrecked his ass over the hood of a car and then onto the ground
(6) as the cops were on top of him trying to restrain him, the cop out of view feels a gun in suspects pocket and shouts GUN GUN all while the suspect is resisting (with a gun in his pocket)
(7) officer in view gets off and draws his service weapon, which leaves only one officer trying to restrain a clearly uncooperative and agitated person with a gun in his pocket
(8) suspect continues to resist and reaches for the gun in his pocket
(9) pop pop pop
(10) play stupid games, win stupid prizes

**pay special attention to #6 and #7 to fully understand why the suspect is dead**

Ok, so let me elaborate on my previous statement about thieves being shot...

Do I believe they deserve to be shot !?!? Of course

But would *I* personally shoot him !?!? Nah

Why ??

Because as a citizen living in the USA, you have some degree of responsibility in every action you do and it could bring more drama than it's worth...

Example: if one night at 11:30pm I look out my window and see a 13 or 14 year old kid bashing the windows out of my neighbors car, am I legally justified to snipe the head right off if his shoulders with my AR15 ?? You bet your sweet Oakley wearing ass I am..

But will I do it !?!? Nope...too much drama would follow just because I exercised my right to stop this criminal mischief at night...

It's not worth it...would I be happy if someone else shot him ?? Hell yes...

But *I* personally wouldn't, because it's not worth it to me...

Ok, so let me elaborate on my previous statement about thieves being shot...

Do I believe they deserve to be shot !?!? Of course

But would *I* personally shoot him !?!? Nah

Why ??

Because as a citizen living in the USA, you have some degree of responsibility in every action you do and it could bring more drama than it's worth...

Example: if one night at 11:30pm I look out my window and see a 13 or 14 year old kid bashing the windows out of my neighbors car, am I legally justified to snipe the head right off if his shoulders with my AR15 ?? You bet your sweet Oakley wearing ass I am..

But will I do it !?!? Nope...too much drama would follow just because I exercised my right to stop this criminal mischief at night...

It's not worth it...would I be happy if someone else shot him ?? Hell yes...

But *I* personally wouldn't, because it's not worth it to me...
Would you shoot him in the leg?

Would you shoot him in the leg?
That's not how former cops and former military personnel think, sir...

And that's not how CHL people think either...

One thing that will always remain consistent: shooters are taught to shoot center mass, anything outside of that is wrong...

Regardless of where and how you shoot him (injury or death), it's still the same lengthy legal process...

That's not how former cops and former military personnel think, sir...

And that's not how CHL people think either...

One thing that will always remain consistent: shooters are taught to shoot center mass, anything outside of that is wrong...

Regardless of where and how you shoot him (injury or death), it's still the same lengthy legal process...
I knew that. Was only asking ;)

Latest Posts

Back