• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

50% Off Oakley Accessories

Oakley employees receive a discount higher than 50%.

IMO I would be concerned if I bought a watch and didn't get a receipt. But if you got a good deal and are fine with it then that's your choice.
I would be concerned if this was a random guy off the street or ebay but I know I walked into an Official Oakley Store and watched them open the case. The only thing I'm missing besides the receipt was the owner's manual which I found online. I haven't worn the watch because it doesn't feel right. That's why I posted the questions. Someone that works for Oakley would be able to tell me if this was something within their company rules. I'm not as concerned with policy violations as I am with pure theft. If it's hot, then I don't want it. I can live with they passed on their employee discount to me.
I just looked at my bank statement and I paid $355.24 and $37.10, which brings me to a total of $392.34 for the watch + polorized straight jacket lenses (no receipt) and the 3 cases (receipt).

If you paid with a debit card then the employee didn't pocket any money but you got a smoking deal.

The only issue would be if you have any warranty issues and you have no proof of purchase. If you also paid employee pricing that means you wouldn't be able to return it for a refund (which the employee in question might not have mentioned). It's honestly up to you but not being able to return a watch you might not like is a make or break deal.

And just because something happens in a store doesn't mean that it is fully legit, either.

If you paid with a debit card then the employee didn't pocket any money but you got a smoking deal.

The only issue would be if you have any warranty issues and you have no proof of purchase. If you also paid employee pricing that means you wouldn't be able to return it for a refund (which the employee in question might not have mentioned). It's honestly up to you but not being able to return a watch you might not like is a make or break deal.

And just because something happens in a store doesn't mean that it is fully legit, either.
No, they explained I couldn't return it but they stated the warranty would apply . Once I read the warranty guidelines posted on Oakley's website, I realized they were incorrect.

I like the watch. I just didn't want this biting me in the ass later on in life. I believe Karma is a bitch and what comes around goes around.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. My apologies.

You don't have a warranty without a receipt.

And personally I would feel a little deceived if they told me I couldn't return it but if you are happy then by all means keep it.

This is not entirely true. As mentioned the employee may have scanned a gift card or a sku for other items at full price in which the total would appear to be similar to employee discount pricing on the watch. This opens the potential to three forms of theft to occur.
1. Employee purchased gift card of which will be sold on any number of sites for cash or on the street to which they will pocket.
2. They extended their personal discount which may be against store policy for purchases they do not make and is still consider internal theft or discount abuse. Both are terminable offenses in many companies.
3. Employee scanned other merchandise which adds up to reflect the original items at a employee discount price. Employee may have stolen previously or intends to later and with proof of purchase removes items from inventory and returns at another location for cash. Many companies will allow cash returns on receipts made with a debit card.

These are just a few of the more frequently used methods for internal theft in retail environments and depending on preventative measures takes longer to catch. Add in the fact a manager has a role in it you might not know until after they leave.

Back