• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

50 years old, twenty five years oakley fan gets his first juliets,guess what ?

Or you're wearing a helmet...
My mom makes me wear that helmet. To protect my brain. Brains are always located in the head.
image.jpeg

Been on the lookout for a pair of XX , few and far between, and when they are they are half as much again as Juliets, there is a pair of 24k xx on ebay that looks like they have been playing football with it yet the bidding is at £171.00, why so much ?

Been on the lookout for a pair of XX , few and far between, and when they are they are half as much again as Juliets, there is a pair of 24k xx on ebay that looks like they have been playing football with it yet the bidding is at £171.00, why so much ?
The XX didn't sell in as great a number as the Juliet so prices are naturally higher due to availability. I also think many people have found the greater coverage to be an advantage with the same profiling as the juliet. It also in my opinion is a more aggressive frame, due to all models featuring the hammer stem arms and the more raked positioning of the jet intake bolts adds to this. Plus you are probably getting more metal for your money!

We have the same problem markh, but I noticed the polished Juliet frames feel a bit bigger because of the hammerstems.

Then either you have different sized t-shox in them or you're imagining things, because Juliet hammers and straight stems fit the same. Unless you're wearing a helmet.

Then either you have different sized t-shox in them or you're imagining things, because Juliet hammers and straight stems fit the same. Unless you're wearing a helmet.
This. Unless you have curiously swollen temples, the points at which a Juliet touches your head fit the same regardless of which arms it has. Or at least my ten polished pairs do, and I'd say that's a reasonable sample size (plus polished carbon and 24k makes 12, just under a quarter of my total Juliets).

I wore Juliets for a good while. After gaining a considerable amount of weight, or my head just got bigger, I wear more of the XX, XS, and R2 when jt comes to your selections on metals. I find the XX to be great but, compared to the XS and the R2, the peripheral isn't as good on the XX compared to the other two. IMO, I personally like the XS more. Hope this helps a bit.

Back