• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

$550 for Juliet's

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
Been seeing the same post on CL for awhile now, and I wonder why it's not selling...:blink:

"15 years old collectible OAKLEY JULIET sun glasses. Have factory serial number engraved which makes them rare. Gun metal grey with polarized lenses(not original). Excellent shape."

Can anyone here possibly think of any model of Juliet would be worth this asking price? Has serial #...okay, has aftermarket polarized lenses...okay, excellent shape...okay, everyone's opinion of "excellent" will vary. I reached out to the seller just out of curiosity to ask exactly what he/she has and for some pictures. We'll see what happens...

i don't see me paying US$550 for a juliet unless it's a signature series (Ichiro, Finito) . . .
and those have not the original lenses . . . lame

Yup! And if it's 15 years old, I don't think it'll be an Ichiro or Finito, etc. I'm still waiting for the seller's response, we'll see...not that I intend to buy them, I just want to know why the outrageous asking price.

It's the same on eBay for a lot of stuff. Prices that are simply ridiculous and they keep relisting it at the same price. I'm like, "do you want to sell it or not? Obviously you're not serious about selling them."

I agree with the the other two guys, no Juliet is worth that unless they were signature editions or Xxxxxx x metal/ruby with an original box. And never worth more with fake lenses, if anything, to me, that devalues them even more.

I was looking at a pair of Romeos. They needed to be tuned, new rubbers, new nose bombs, new lenses. They were in rough shape. I offered 100$ to the guy. He said there's a pair on eBay for 900$. I was like are you serious? Those are brand new and also, he'll never sell them at that price. He was like I'm putting them on eBay. Listed them for 150 :facepalm:

Who do people think they're stuff is worth it's weight in gold? And why do eBay sellers list it so high?

They do it because eventually one of the suckers born every minute mosey along and believe what is in the listing and don't know any better. I think collectors and enthusiasts like us take for granted sometimes how savvy we are about the true value of Oakleys. In the same vein I'm just astounded by people who do no shopping research; I recently was confronted by this with two co workers. In one case I bought some Christmas gifts from juicycouture.com for my wife and they came into my office and I showed them to someone who also had recently bought stuff in store for herself and was astounded by how little I paid....it was funny cause 10 minutes of research found me two codes that stacked and saved me over $120. In the other case I gave someone a $5 off coupon for an upcoming dvd release and they had no clue if you checked the week of release for these coupons that save you 20%.