• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

6000th Post...

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
Here we are, 6000 posts and another milestone has come and gone. For this I am going to post up some pics from my recent trip to Texas and the little get together that @Dallas O Hog put on. I never seem to remember to take enough pics of everything. Some of the pics I took, the others are from @Joseph Smith I had a really great time meeting face to face with some others here on the board and taking in some good food as well. Im sure I will forget a lot the first time through so I'll come back and edit up the rest later on as I remember things....

I will start off with my collection pieces I brought to display and some of what I consider the highlights.

The first few shots are of my display as a whole I had set up.

IMG_20150425_123412725.jpg

IMG_20150425_123401280.jpg

IMG_20150425_123341421 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20150425_123353809 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20150425_123348229 - Copy.jpg

The crown jewel in my collection is my set of Gary Scelzi signature pairs. The Romeo II is on top, the Monster Dog is in the middle and the Five 3.0 on the bottom. Also in this picture are my early production first generation plasma Juliets.

IMG_20150425_155523825.jpg

A little early Racing Jacket and Pro M Frame love here

ND8_3696 - Copy.jpg

My Cape Epic Racing Jacket

ND8_3699.jpg

I dont have many goggles but I do have a few, here are some samples including the Olympic pair. Anyone who knows me well knows I am a fan of the Straight Jacket. Below is an original leather, clear w/ blue iridium, electric mustard, an FMJ, a platinum New Straight Jacket, a color combo I havent seen anywhere else on the blue NSJ and a 10W40 Ten thrown in for good measure.

ND8_3696.jpg

Two of my 1Xcel pairs based off the original Straight Jacket. Matte black and matte crystal blue.

ND8_3698.jpg

Have to show the wires some love as well. From top to bottm is the Ti/Ti clear Crosshair, OO-E, original T Wire, polished A Wire Thick, copper A Wire and the bronze E Wire 2.0.

IMG_20150425_123421030.jpg

One of my favorite pairs, the Designs in Motion splatter Blade along with the blue Eyeshade

IMG_20150425_123435073 - Copy.jpg

Some Fuel Cells and Gascans on the left, mint emerald OTT w/ matching box, black gold w/VR28 Trenchcoat along with a prototype Snow Jungle pearl Trenchcoat.

ND8_3693.jpg

A couple pairs of my Splices, I need more of these! Blue camo Stretchline Fatcat, my first and last generation Frogskins (the second gen is out of the pic), tribal Thump 1.5 and in front is a prototype New Frogskin in matte clear.

ND8_3694 - Copy.jpg

Some early M frames and Sub Zeros. Cobalt M Frame Slash at the top, then the N2T Sub Zero followed by 3 first generation M frames with a blue Heater, blue Hybrid and a +red Sweep and has a ton of green in it. Row 2 is my Italy edition Radar, Echelon Jawbone, "Echelon" Holbrook and history text Scalpel

ND8_3695.jpg

Some pieces in this pic include the 10W40, fingerprint and RX display FMJ Eye Jackets, electric violet first generation Minute, FMJ Red, blood skull and black chrome New Straight Jacket, electric mustard XX, white & night camo Dartboard

IMG_20150425_123450899.jpg

A few assorteds here including the leather wrap Square Wire, blue Topcoat, carbon fiber New Straight Jacket and M Frame, Stanford edition XX and some display items

ND8_3697.jpg

Last edited:
Now the trip wasnt just about Oakleys... there was also the food! First night there Kim and I braved the thunderstorms and tornado warnings to find some good BBQ. We ended up at Hard Eight BBQ in Coppell, TX. All of the smokers and grills are outside under a permanent patio, This is the line looking in.

IMG_20150424_191325940.jpg

Here is the "holding pit" were you pick your meat from. We chose brisket, ribs, japaleno sausage and pork shoulder. Then you go inside to pick up your sides and drinks. The ribs I though were the best of what we chose.

IMG_20150424_193107218.jpg

IMG_20150424_194220154.jpg

Mike catered in some food from 2 different places. Cant remember where from but it was fantastic and we ended the second night with food, drinks and BS'n at Flips. I forgot to take any pics there but the food was great there as well!

Last edited:
It wouldnt be an Oakley trip w/o a couple store stops. Friday night after the storms and dinner we hit the Grapevine Vault. Met some great people, actually closed the store down and finally got checked out 20-30 after closing time. Once again, forgot to take pics...

Car packed up on Sunday heading home. Large AP Rolling Bag luggage, SI Computer Bag, DSR / Napa 85L Large Sport Duffel, Jelco hard case and of course a pair of Nails. In front of the nails was my prize from the meet, the vertical computer bag and in front of that an Oakley retail bag full of treasures!

IMG_20150426_102016747.jpg

On the way out of town on Sunday we hit the Vault in Allen, TX. Picked up a few things and just like before, great staff!

IMG_20150426_112057090.jpg

If by some chance you havent seen the thread there are more pics posted toward the end of this thread here Texas Oakley Extravaganza Meet - April 25th 2015 | Oakley Forum

Thanks to everyone who had anything to do with the planning, set up, catering, donated prizes, attended, took great pics, etc of this event, I had a great time! Kim and I will be plannng a return trip to TX some time soon!

On another note... here are a few previous collection / milestone posts...

1000th Post!!!! | Oakley Forum

2012 Year In Review | Oakley Forum

3000th Post | Oakley Forum

4000th Post .... | Oakley Forum

4211th Post | Oakley Forum

Last edited:
I know I'm supposed to wait for the rest of the photos, but I want to just say congratulations on the milestone! You are one of the better guys on here with a wealth of information. You inspired me to appreciate and respect the retro. Here's to the next milestone! :drinks:

Last edited:
Great use of your milestone post!

My one regret from the meetup is, though we did spend some time talking, that we didn't talk more, you and I...