• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Non-Oakley fanatics don't get us. Its PART of our life. I'm trying to explain to someone at work about how Oakley's (in this case X Metals) are just as much works of art as sunglasses and their eyes are bugging out "you spent $250 on sunglasses". "Um...yeah, like 7 different times...and $500 once". "Why". They're works of art...science wrapped in art etc. Blank stares.

Nevermind.

Course this is the same person who "won't pay less than $150 for a pair of jeans". Huh?

A co worker of mine, who I enjoy working with, drives me insane, as he wears $5-$10.00 sunglasses, and I'm not knocking the price or brand, but what the worst part is that a few pairs are so scratched up, and I mean scratched up, it looks as if they wear dragged up the asphalt by a kid on a big wheel.... He refuses to replace them saying they work fine. Maybe I can get a pix of them...LOL

I guess I drive him insane as I have a schrine of Oakley in my offce and a stand just for the pair I wear into the office each day.

@ Batwolf..... Congrats on the 700th post, I guess we BOTH dont have a life!!!!

Non-Oakley fanatics don't get us. Its PART of our life. I'm trying to explain to someone at work about how Oakley's (in this case X Metals) are just as much works of art as sunglasses and their eyes are bugging out "you spent $250 on sunglasses". "Um...yeah, like 7 different times...and $500 once". "Why". They're works of art...science wrapped in art etc. Blank stares.

Nevermind.

Course this is the same person who "won't pay less than $150 for a pair of jeans". Huh?
i expect to hear a wife/ gf to buy $100 jeans....but him? geez.
of course he probably bought jeans that were pre-beat up with holes and torn cuffs....

God dammit, I can't believe I'm already at 700 posts. I need a life.
BATWOLF! im at 749 posts. I have a life though, it's OAKLEY FORUM life. :D I have the Oakley life. :D
EDIT: I live the Oakley life :D

I once had a guy at my local coffee shop ask me,, "damn man how many glasses you got? everytime i see you, you've got a different pair on", I answered, "A lot". He goes "I feel kinda embarrased around you, I only have two pairs" lol.I think i'm up to 13?

Or trying to explain to someone why we COLLECT sunglasses in the first place, and not just have one or two pairs at the most... I just bought another devil's brigade antix off of craigslist and a devil's brigade sideways... now that's an addiction...buying the exact same pair twice...:p well at least I have the completed devil's brigade collection minus the holeshot watch.
I even kept some of the oakley tag's that come with t-shirts. :) I have the jupiter tag from the jupiter camo t-shirts i bought. :) the boxes my hardcases come in, try explaining that to someone, why do you even keep the boxes! it's just cardboard...